• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Keynote Voice Pager how to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesigns

I just bought 10 keynote voice pagers, they are all programmed to 154.235mhz when I press the monitor button (open schelch) I can hear my Voice perfectly, but how do I activate the pager with tones, how do I know what tones is the pager set?

only one pager is marked 154.235mhz. 600.9/569.1 (custom sticker)

N1GTL

Database Admin
It is probably set for selective call. You need to transmit what's referred to as A/B tones. The tone 600.9 first for one second then the tone 569.1 for three seconds. That's generally how they're set up. There could be other options set but you'd have to read the pager with the software to see.

Many Motorola radios are capable of sending the tones, referred to as QCII or quick call.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
You could,.........
Ask the person you bought them from what tones were programmed or
Take it to a radio shop and maybe they can read the program in the pager.

To activate the pager you would need,...........
A radio capable of encoding the tones in the pagers format on the 154.235 MHz frequency.
You would also need an FCC license for that radio.
BB

sfd119

Please stop what you are doing right now.
You are transmitting on a public safety frequency. Although you may think its in use or not use in your area, you still could be causing harmful interference...not to mention its illegal.

cdesigns

Please stop what you are doing right now.
You are transmitting on a public safety frequency. Although you may think its in use or not use in your area, you still could be causing harmful interference...not to mention its illegal.

Sadly I live in a hole, surrounded by sand dunes and many trees, signals here dont come out, much less using 1 watt of power on a baofeng radio. I have been scanning the frequency for more than 48 hours to check if is still active and to be able to record the tones and to figure them out with a software that I have, (Im selling this pagers) and I need the correct programing info for them, the frequency has been dead for more than 48 hours or I cant reach their transmission here, so thats why I asked the question on how to know the codes. My radio is set to 1watt and it should not cause any harmful interference from inside my house by the 3-5 short tests that I did... but you are right, its illegal and I dont need to do it again.

sfd119

Sadly I live in a hole, surrounded by sand dunes and many trees, signals here dont come out, much less using 1 watt of power on a baofeng radio. I have been scanning the frequency for more than 48 hours to check if is still active and to be able to record the tones and to figure them out with a software that I have, (Im selling this pagers) and I need the correct programing info for them, the frequency has been dead for more than 48 hours or I cant reach their transmission here, so thats why I asked the question on how to know the codes. My radio is set to 1watt and it should not cause any harmful interference from inside my house by the 3-5 short tests that I did... but you are right, its illegal and I dont need to do it again.

We have several public safety frequencies that have not been used in more than 48 hours in my area. Regardless of where you live or what the excuses are, please stop.

I'm not normally one to be the radio police here but what you are doing could cause some serious issues...not to mention you have a video of you doing something illegal.

Just my two cents.

cdesigns

We have several public safety frequencies that have not been used in more than 48 hours in my area. Regardless of where you live or what the excuses are, please stop.

I'm not normally one to be the radio police here but what you are doing could cause some serious issues...not to mention you have a video of you doing something illegal.

Just my two cents.

Video deleted so others can't follow my dumb steps, now everyone is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.