bug on the lastest firmware from Whistler

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookmaster

good afternoon everyone, i have bug to report i have Whistler WS-1088, after Whistler release the last updates for DMR i believe i have found a bug, after i program a conventional frequency DMR Mototrbo Frequency and set the color code and the slot # and the Talk Group, i don't receive any communications from that Frequency, so i go back and hook up the WS-1088 back to my computer and the software and clear out everything color code,slot,Talk Group, then i turn the scanner back on that same frequency and the Scanner picks up and shows everything i previously loaded showing the same exact Data i put into the software color code,slot# Talk Group,can someone try this on their scanner WS-1080,WS-1088,WS-1095,WS-1098,TRX-1,TRX,2 and see if you are having the same problems and thanks, i have already E-mailed Whistler with this issue,and thanks!!

ia_teacher

good afternoon everyone, i have bug to report i have Whistler WS-1088, after Whistler release the last updates for DMR i believe i have found a bug, after i program a conventional frequency DMR Mototrbo Frequency and set the color code and the slot # and the Talk Group, i don't receive any communications from that Frequency, so i go back and hook up the WS-1088 back to my computer and the software and clear out everything color code,slot,Talk Group, then i turn the scanner back on that same frequency and the Scanner picks up and shows everything i previously loaded showing the same exact Data i put into the software color code,slot# Talk Group,can someone try this on their scanner WS-1080,WS-1088,WS-1095,WS-1098,TRX-1,TRX,2 and see if you are having the same problems and thanks, i have already E-mailed Whistler with this issue,and thanks!!

I wonder if that's my problem as well. I imported all my local PD/FD frequencies from the 1088's SD card but I'm not picking anything up on the DMR channels. So, if I understand your post correctly you hooked the 1088 up the computer and deleted the info and then put it back in and it worked? I may have to try that tomorrow - when I hook mine up to the software it doesn't even SHOW any objects on the scanner even though they ARE there..... Strange.....

cookmaster

regarding bug on the lastest firmware from Whistler

what i did is i manually program the WS-1088 using the EZ-scan software to program a DMR conventional frequency, when i program correct color code,slot number,talk group,the scanner will not open squelch at all,so what i did next was hook up the scanner back up to EZ-scan software and delete all the data,then i just basically ran a wild card on the same conventional frequency and all the data that i enter before when i programed the scanner, using the software is showing the exact same data i enter when i program the the scanner using the software,so what i am saying is if i program the scanner manually it will not open squelch using the correct color code,slot number,talk group,unless i run it as a wild card on that frequency then i can hear with joy!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It appears to be the TG that does it. I can enter the TS and it works, I can enter the CC and it works, as soon as I enter the TG it stops working...but only if the call is on TS 2. If it's on TS 1 I can enter the TG and it works. Or so it seems.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It appears to be the TG that does it. I can enter the TS and it works, I can enter the CC and it works, as soon as I enter the TG it stops working...but only if the call is on TS 2. If it's on TS 1 I can enter the TG and it works. Or so it seems.

I've confirmed this only affects TS 2. I can save information for entities on TS 1 and they work fine, if I save the info for someone on TS 2 I never hear them unless I leave the TS as "any".

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Getting my TRX-1 tomorrow and just wanted to ask about the bug you found...

So you are saying if I want to listen to TS 2 (for now) I should leave it set to ANY not set it to 2?

Thanks!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Getting my TRX-1 tomorrow and just wanted to ask about the bug you found...

So you are saying if I want to listen to TS 2 (for now) I should leave it set to ANY not set it to 2?

Thanks!

That's what I'm seeing. I have about 5 entities that use TS 2 and I never hear them if I "set" the TS. If I leave it to "any" I hear them.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update, I'm so excited about the radio's arrival tomorrow Zipscanner got it to me in only 3 days, with free shipping.

N1GAW

SCPD

QRT
I ordered from them (zip scanners) and didn't get it; best yet they said they "had it in stock" while I was online with them ,magically they were out of stock but didnt call me,they emailed me the bad news that my new toy wasn't coming 2 days later....Got mine from HRO.Working great!Thanks HRO!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I've confirmed this only affects TS 2. I can save information for entities on TS 1 and they work fine, if I save the info for someone on TS 2 I never hear them unless I leave the TS as "any".

This has been resolved with the latest update.

cookmaster

regarding bug on the lastest firmware from Whistler

Thanks Whistler,and Wendy,and Don Star,yes all is fixed and well now happy scanning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.