Visiting Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0GXN

Well, I had high hopes of being able to do some public safety scanning over here, so much so, I didn't bother to check this State's thread out before I loaded up my HP-2......no joy on scanning LE over here, big E is in full affect. :(

Regulated to Fire and some outlying SOs. Polk is the only one I have heard and not very often. I feel for you guys over here.

May have to get on some of the repeaters with the HT and find a QSO or two, since scanning is not going to be all that great.

z31jaime

Law scanning is not great but fire is extremely active and so is the ems in other businesses section. Some good milair almost every day and tons of other businesses. My scanner is never quiet lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Watch out, don't get robbed or carjacked. You ARE in Orlando, so that's a distinct possibility.

The biggest chance of getting robbed happens if you choose to use the toll roads. They WILL rob you blind, and do it within the law. Avoid the toll roads if you can. Not one person involved with the management of Orlando or its road network deserves a dime from a toll booth.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Watch out, don't get robbed or carjacked. You ARE in Orlando, so that's a distinct possibility.

The biggest chance of getting robbed happens if you choose to use the toll roads. They WILL rob you blind, and do it within the law. Avoid the toll roads if you can. Not one person involved with the management of Orlando or its road network deserves a dime from a toll booth.

Agreed, but it's virtually impossible to avoid the toll roads going to and from the airport. Going out to Daytona is pretty easy, though. I-4 East to I-95 South (totally bypasses the tolls).

KE0GXN

Used I-75 to get south and then got on the Turnpike to get to Orlando. Paid $3 dollars at the toll plaza, however it was confusing when we exited off in Orlando... it seemed like they wanted more money, but there was no where to pay it. :confused:

What's the hang-up with the toll roads around here?

Last edited:

KE0GXN

What are the good repeaters over here? Got several off of Repeaterbook.com, but some I either can't hit or are either no longer active. Been hearing a bunch of IRLP QSOs from up in NY, PA, VA and FL stations on some of the repeaters.

May be heading over to Daytona Beach tomorrow, wouldn't mind having a few over that way to have something to do during the drive over and back.

Just have my FT-60, but I run a Diamond mag mount when mobile, so I usually don't have a problem hitting repeaters if they are relatively close.

Last edited:

whooey

Thanks Brandon! I'll plug those in if I don't have them already. Unfortunately RFI is crazy in the hotel room... :( Got to close the squelch almost all the way off to a avoid noise sometimes while scanning.

No problem, I had a balcony when I was down there, so that helped lol.

KE0GXN

Couldn't find any activity on any of the Disney repeaters over here or local ones for that matter, except the 444.800 IRLP repeater. Had QSOs with a couple of NY hams and a Canadian ham. The local repeater owner WA2UPK chimed in when I started asking a bunch of questions about the IRLP/reflector and was very helpful in explaining it to me.

We have nothing like what they have here IRLP wise in my area. It was pretty cool to have QSOs with guys all the way up in NY. Checked into an ARES net somewhere over here, for which I had no idea what county it was in, not sure if it was Orange and folks checked in by zones. :confused: Ended up checking into a SAR net too on one of the Coco repeaters while I was mobile over that way.

I worked the Canadian guy on the IRLP in two different countries during our QSO, given he was mobile and we continued our QSO as he and after he crossed the border into Canada from NY. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.