Flashing "Hold" signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8LEA

Probably the FAQ of the month, sorry. I couldn't find anything....

My BCD396XT works fine, except that I've recently noticed that the "Hold" signal is flashing....

I don't see any performance problems. Which, of course, means that "I didn't notice any" :D....

Somehow, this doesn't seem to be normal.

So, is this an "ID10T" error, or is thing supposed to be doing that?

TIA!

("ID10T" is best read as "idiot" :D.)

Regards,

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It is on System Hold. Just hold down the hold button for a few seconds, the radio will beep twice and show "System Hold Off" and you will be back to normal.

You probably just inadvertently held the hold button down a little too long and put it into that mode.

Page 127 in the manual.

Last edited:

K8LEA

W8RMH:

Thanks! It worked....

I likely pushed that button the wrong way.... I wear the thing a lot, too, and that's one of the few buttons that appear to be "live" when the keyboard is locked.

No idea what I did with the manual - I've been using that "Easier To Read" version, and/or some software. IMHO, you can't program this thing from the keyboard.

Again, thanks!

K8LEA

And another one....

Again using "Easier To Read"....

So, what does this "System Hold" do?

I don't see that in that manual. Still can't find the radio's actual manual.

Regards,

K8LEA

wtp:

Thanks! I have Mark's .PDF, but didn't have a link for the Uniden manual.

W8RMH:

Clear as mud :D.... But thanks. I had the thing in that mode for some time, and never noticed anything amiss (or missing :) ). However, I normally have ONE (APCO25) trunked system, a couple of simplex channels, and a couple of hi-band repeaters. I expect that "system" here applies only to that APCO25 group, but the unconnected frequencies seem to work in "System Hold".

I am convinced that Uniden handed their software folks a list of useful addresses and/or functions, told 'em to program anything that felt like it should be there.... Couple of bottles of Saki and.... :D

Thanks!

Voyager

If you only scan one system, you would notice no difference. If you scan multiple systems, you would use System Hold to hold on one of those Systems and not scan the others. It's a very useful feature. Of course, it's now eclipsed by the x36 FL/System/Site/Department hold button features.

Status
Not open for further replies.