BCD436HP/BCD536HP: quick key issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Just got this scanner today and I'm having some issues figuring out the Quick Keys for my Favorite Lists.

I've created two Favorite Lists. One has a FL Quick Key of 39, the other is 50.
Both Favorite Lists are selected to monitor, "marked on"
I can hit 39 and 50 and the "E" button and they both show on

However in Scan Mode, it says there is Nothing To Scan.

How do I turn them on to scan?

I've tried "./no 50 e/yes" like the manual says (or from what I understand of it) and it just beeps at me.

I've also tried ".. 50 e/yes" and get the same result.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
#1. Verify you have programmed data in 39 and 50 in sentinel.
#2. Verify you have BOTH download and monitor both turned on.
#3. Rewrite all the data back to the scanner.
#4. Try 39 E/YES and 50 E/YES again.

mikev

Make sure that the service types are enabled as well (i.e. if they're LAW-TAC, make sure that the LAW-TAC service is enabled).

kma371

QRT
#1. Verify you have programmed data in 39 and 50 in sentinel.
#2. Verify you have BOTH download and monitor both turned on.
#3. Rewrite all the data back to the scanner.
#4. Try 39 E/YES and 50 E/YES again.

Ok Tried all that. Can get it to work, however, if I turn 50 off, then back on again, nothing scans. Seems to only be an issue with #50.

D

darunimal

okay you need a Site Quick Key enabled in a digital system it's now under the Department Quick Keys

FL XX
System YY
Dept ZZ (Sites and Groups)

50.yy.zz

D

darunimal

In Sentinel if you have the Favorite List Editor under Options and/or in a System checked for Location Control, in the scanner you may have to be in the main MENU and scroll down to Set Your Location>> and Set Manual Location and Set Range, (Zip Code will turn on Full Database and you will have to go out of that menu and turn DB off and Auto Locate won't do you much good either, not yet anyway.)

And BY THE WAY anytime you wanna completely back out of the menu and resume scanning use the AVOID key to go back to scanning immediately (or searching)

kma371

QRT
okay you need a Site Quick Key enabled in a digital system it's now under the Department Quick Keys

FL XX
System YY
Dept ZZ (Sites and Groups)

50.yy.zz

I believe that is how I have it configured.

Favorite List: Stanislaus
System Name: Ceres
Site Name: Ceres (trunked) / Site Quick Key: 50
Group: Police / Group Quick Key: 1

I have all system names under this favorite list programmed the same way.

D

darunimal

Okay so if your coming from the BCDx96 series, you can quick key number your sites and those will be in the "zz" area, if you didn't number those and just left them as periods, then you got to turn a SQK on and thats in the yy area. here 2 examples
System Enable
50.01 for Ceres
or for SITE enable
50.01.50 Ceres x site

if your coming from the earlier x96 series I suggest, and just a suggestion at that:
you put everything under 1 Favorite List
then with only 1 Favorite List, you will only have to add a "." to your original numbering system
and then you can use the group quick keys you had or spread from 10 to now 100 in the departements

D

darunimal

xx : Favorite List: Stanislaus FLQK :xx = 50
yy : System Name: Ceres SyQK : yy = ??
zz : Site Name: Ceres (Trunked) PD DQK: zz = 50
zz : Dept: Ceres PD Dept: DQK zz = 01

D

darunimal

not a problem

Attachments

• UnidenScannersFavoriteLists,Systems,Sites,GroupsDepartments.jpg
    UnidenScannersFavoriteLists,Systems,Sites,GroupsDepartments.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 335

kma371

QRT
Okay so if your coming from the BCDx96 series, you can quick key number your sites and those will be in the "zz" area, if you didn't number those and just left them as periods, then you got to turn a SQK on and thats in the yy area. here 2 examples
System Enable
50.01 for Ceres
or for SITE enable
50.01.50 Ceres x site

if your coming from the earlier x96 series I suggest, and just a suggestion at that:
you put everything under 1 Favorite List
then with only 1 Favorite List, you will only have to add a "." to your original numbering system
and then you can use the group quick keys you had or spread from 10 to now 100 in the departements

Ok so that makes sense.

01 is the Favorite list and the .## is the subsystems of that list.

I am more familiar with the 996/396xt models and had my radio set up by counties alphabetically.

All agencies in County A was System QK 1
All agencies in County B was System QK 2

So that was why I was trying to set up each county by their own quick key at the favorite level, but I guess it works the same to put everything under Favorite 1.

How difficult is it to do Favorite lists by region? Say Favorite List 1 is home, Favorite List 2 is work etc?
I would have to duplicate all the subsystems to place them in the correct Favorite list correct?

This scanner has been the hardest to program for me in 30 years! Thanks for the help.

D

darunimal

Ok so that makes sense.

01 is the Favorite list and the .## is the subsystems of that list.

I am more familiar with the 996/396xt models and had my radio set up by counties alphabetically.

All agencies in County A was System QK 1
All agencies in County B was System QK 2

So that was why I was trying to set up each county by their own quick key at the favorite level, but I guess it works the same to put everything under Favorite 1.

How difficult is it to do Favorite lists by region? Say Favorite List 1 is home, Favorite List 2 is work etc?
I would have to duplicate all the subsystems to place them in the correct Favorite list correct?

This scanner has been the hardest to program for me in 30 years! Thanks for the help.

Yeah that's a pretty subjective question, a hint to duplicate all you entries to a second favorite list from your 1st favorite list, is read from the scanner in mass storage mode in-to sentinel and "Copy with New Name" in the programming software, then reconfigure the data in that Second Favorite List to have the data you've already inputted (basically delete what you don't want)

kma371

QRT
Yeah that's a pretty subjective question, a hint to duplicate all you entries to a second favorite list from your 1st favorite list, is read from the scanner in mass storage mode in-to sentinel and "Copy with New Name" in the programming software, then reconfigure the data in that Second Favorite List to have the data you've already inputted (basically delete what you don't want)

Another thing i saw was to append it to a different fav list, just use the exisiting entries and copy it over to the one i want.

D

darunimal

The old 2 file layer system of the DMA architecture with System and Groups has been revamped to include a new file system above Systems making it a 3 layer file system: 'FaVorites', 'Systems' and 'Departments'. As you can see, 'Groups' have gone bye bye, in-favor, of the HP series nomenclature on 'Groups' to be called 'DEPARTSMENT's; by the way not the only nomenclature to be changed, the centuries old LOCKOUT / L/O is now AVOID, thanks, via the HP series.

kma371

QRT
The old 2 file layer system of the DMA architecture with System and Groups has been revamped to include a new file system above Systems making it a 3 layer file system: 'FaVorites', 'Systems' and 'Departments'. As you can see, 'Groups' have gone bye bye, in-favor, of the HP series nomenclature on 'Groups' to be called 'DEPARTSMENT's; by the way not the only nomenclature to be changed, the centuries old LOCKOUT / L/O is now AVOID, thanks, via the HP series.

Yeah, I like the old way. Some of these scanners have become too dumbed down in my opinion. I played around with the TRX-1 at HRO and didn't like it, even though I thought I would, so I bought the 436 instead.

D

darunimal

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/336793-i-want-order.html#post2611340

It's better than the guy that has 8 Favorite List with the same system in 6 times just to differentiate departments via Favorites number and he scans all 8 everyday and wonders why he never hears anything. i tried to tell him for 2 seconds out of 16 he is looking for just 1 Department's TGIDs. At any given time he is making his scanner deaf for "at least 12 seconds" for every 16 second scans period he goes through.
The real intrinsic value for Favorite List is, for some of the statewide Systems like Ohio, Texas, Alaska, North Carolina, besides that, it's in direct correlation to GRE/RS/Whistler V-Folders for the power/pro-users.

1 Favorite List is all that is needed for many.
Then Break-out your Groups from the x96 lineage into the x36hp lineage tens dept(groups),

DQK 00-09 (Old Group 0)
DQK 10-19 (Old Group 1)
DQK 20-29( Old Group 2)
DQK....
DQK 90-99 (Old Group 9)

D

darunimal

First thing in the main "MENU" is "SET SCAN SELECTION"

Easy navigation to Favorite List under a Navigable List in Menu On\Off
Easy navigation to System List under a Navigable List under Favorite Menu On\Off
Easy Service Monitorable Menu i.e. Fire Dispatch, Police Tac, Railroad, Interop On\Off
Easy navigation to Monitor and Download under a Navigable List in Menu On\Off

All help full until except we don't have a menu for Departments yet, but by entering
xx.yy.## you will see what on or off just like the x96 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.