android siren app

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
could someone please point me to the post about the update on the release of the siren app for android? pretty sure i saw it somewhere but can't seem to find it.

Voyager

No android yet - iOS app was just released. Last I heard Android is being worked on.

mitbr

Update for Siren App for Android

Now that the IOS Siren App has been released can we get an update on the time line for the Android version. Something other than its in development.
Tim

mitbr

I hear crickets lol No news probably means there is no time line available which converts to many months away based on past development ..

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You'll get the same answer I give here...without the wait time. It is being worked on, now. I do not have a specific release date.

scanphreak

Tell your developers that some of us are holding out on buying the 536hp specifically for the Android siren app. When its released is when I'll buy a 536hp. :)

rcool101

Feed Provider
I waited till after the headphone jack fiasco. I laughed. That was 13 mos ago. Still waiting for the app. I'm not laughing.

Voyager

As I've said before, it's hard to develop an app without the infrastructure it runs on.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
As I've said before, it's hard to develop an app without the infrastructure it runs on.

BUUUUT, it was real EASY for undone to take people's money up front!

Maybe that is what happened, they (Undone) did not want to put the money out first for proper development and testing. They must have figured that we can all pay money up front and become test dummies for other non-tested things and all the while take some of the money they made off us and ONLY THEN start making a platform 14 months later!

Really great way of doing business. Glad I am not that CEO.

Voyager

BUUUUT, it was real EASY for undone to take people's money up front!

Maybe that is what happened, they (Undone) did not want to put the money out first for proper development and testing. They must have figured that we can all pay money up front and become test dummies for other non-tested things and all the while take some of the money they made off us and ONLY THEN start making a platform 14 months later!

Really great way of doing business. Glad I am not that CEO.

So you're saying nothing worked on your scanner? Funny. Everything worked on mine except the WiFi features, and those were not delayed by Uniden.

troymail

Silent Key
So you're saying nothing worked on your scanner? Funny. Everything worked on mine except the WiFi features, and those were not delayed by Uniden.

Why do you insist on saying that this wasn't delayed by Uniden? It was Uniden who choose to release and sell a product that didn't have all of the features that they promised (and still doesn't 18 months later). They could have chosen to wait but they didn't.... So how is it not on Uniden? You make no sense at all but I'm used to that in your postings by now.

durangoGreg

What you are suggesting is the same thing as hiring a builder who quotes to build you a beautiful new home with a stunning backyard and pool. The builder hires a sub-contractor to build the pool and landscape the backyard.

You pay the builder up front. The builder says he is finished with your home but due to the extremely poor choice of sub-contractor the backyard is mess and the pool is nothing more than a pit in the ground. 18 months later part of the pool is finished but the yard is a mess and there is no filter system. A friend asks your advice on hiring a builder and you say " Hey everything is great except the backyard and pool but that was not the builder's fault"

Most would disagree and say "How is it not the builders fault, when he is the one promising the product and is in complete control on who works on it, how they work on it, and what they use as building materials"

I stuck with my radio through this whole mess because I expected Uniden to eventually follow through with the product. They have followed through with most of what was promised and I am not going to complain. I like the radio. However, I am not benevolent enough to just stick my head in the sand and say 'Uniden has no responsibility or fault in the 18 month delay of advertised features. It was just the Wifi dongle supplier"

Status
Not open for further replies.