San Antonio,TX-Why are 5 of 8 Bexar Co Feeds Down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael-SATX

I'm curious why 5 of the 8 Bexar Co, Texas Feeds have been down and Offline for several days now ?

My guess is that the lightning storm a few days ago caused a power event and or equipment damage ?
Since the storm I have helped dozens of customers in the area get repair parts for damaged equipment.
Most folks just relaced blown fuses, diodes, MOV's,burst capacitors and transistors to get running again.

Now officially, Lindsay is the listed feed provider for these 3 local Bexar Co Texas feeds that are down:

San Antonio International Airport Tower (KSAT)
San Antonio Approach / Departure (KSAT)
Houston Center ARTCC (ZHU) - San Antonio

Is it plausible that Lindsay is also the unlisted feed provider of these 2 local feeds that are also down ?

San Antonio Police Dispatch
San Antonio Fire and EMS

His other "listed" 6 feeds are up like up in Washington DC ( btw DC stands for "District of Criminals" ;) )
I hope for his sake that it's a simple surge protector breaker reset or perhaps Time Warner or ISP issues?

Finally, here is a question for the room about the other (now handy) SAPD,BCSO,WPD,AP feed provider
which shows the feed provider username of "mostlychris" who joined 12/01/15 and has 0 posts visibility.
Hmm, what is this a joint effort of mostly Chris as a contributor and an un-nammed ghost writer / helper ?

Check out Mr N/A no location himself here: http://forums.radioreference.com/members/mostlychris.html

Here is "their" excellent local and valuable feed here: San Antonio and Windcrest Police, Bexar County Sheriff

ps~ I find it odd that the Offline SAPD feed which typically had 130~300+ or way more listenners every late PM / early AM hours ...
While this other very useful local SAPD,BCSO,Windcrest feed is only typically showing 20~30 streaming users in those same hours.
That's crazy, it's like folks have ONLY the 2 Offline and long establised feeds bookmarked and just assume their is no other local feeds
to monitor and give up instead of doing a simple Bexar Co search, find this other recent and cool feed and listen in to it the meantime ?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Feeds go down for various reasons. It is a service that isn't guaranteed. If one truly wants to be in a hobby they'll invest in the equipment to have capability themself. One option is to attempt contacting the provider on the broadcastify page or the report problem link feed down one. Chances on a response may be null or limited. As the site states with thousands of feeds one shouldn't relie on paying into it expecting town XYZ to always be up when you pay to listen to the site offering many streams. Just saying.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If your near Bozeman and looking for a bed stop by Mattress Mill and ask for Katie or Stacey. Tell them them the big guy in Texas sent you and ill make sure they get you a discount. :)

iDrBacon

And now the other feed is down for maintenance. Hoping to find another PD/FD feed somewhere else, because it's near impossible to scan San Antonio.

Michael-SATX

A Classic 1960's Mission Impossible Show Story Idea ?

I provide all of those feeds, and I don't know why they are down. I'm in Montana till August 13.

Wow, that's a lot of feeds ! Do you also provide this feed? San Antonio and Windcrest Police, Bexar County Sheriff

As far as troubleshooting your feeds outage, I wonder if you can ping your SA home's IP equip address?
I figure your homes got power and remotely accessing your security cameras don't show any anomalies?
Curious if all your related live scanner feed components were 100% all backed up by UPS equipment?
I would phone both my next door neighbors just to see if they experienced any power surges or damage?
Heck I have tech savy neighbors that could locate my hidden house key and do a co-op facetime feed fix.
Where is your Elroy Jetson HoverBot that could help you remotely diagnose, press buttons and fix things?

Have a fantastic rest of your vacation and I hope in addition to Glacier Park your family all has a blast :)

ps ~ A fellow San Antonian, John (The_Dog) aka RRH "Rogue Radio Hacker" offered to bestow on you
a covert feed repair operation, just like the classic 1960's Mission Impossible TV series show would do!
He said he would gladly fix it all for a 1 year premium membership and perhaps local DB admin rights ;)
Well I told him he would never be able to slide down your chimney and that your Raspberry Pi 3 hacked
iRobot Roomba would initiate it's search and destroy programming and he'd never get out of there alive :(

Michael-SATX

What problems did you find with your feeds and remedy ?

Feeds are backup...

GREat job on getting your feeds restored and on your self set target date of 8/13/16 !

What did it take to restore your feeds ? I hope just a simple reboot and equipment restart ... ?

Was there any equipment damage by the power surges from the storm? I sure hope not ;)

I can't say enough thanks for your immeasurable contribution to the scanning hobby !!!

Well after your long vacation I hope you walked in the door and thought "Home Sweet Home" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.