Volusia County Fire-Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanlungs2

Effective 0600 8/1/16 Volusia Fire/Rescue (Central) is changing their initial dispatch method. It will be as follows
Alert Tones
Assigned units
Call information, address emergency or non emergency response
Tac Channel
Time out
This will not be repeated since all information is also sent to the DMR, Tac dispatcher will give updates on the assigned channel. So you better listen closely.

dollar

Premium Subscriber
Volusia fire dispatch

Did I read from an above comment that they are using a DMR system? If so, shere can I find the details.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Did I read from an above comment that they are using a DMR system? If so, shere can I find the details.

Although I haven't checked their ULS license for DMR emission designators yet, I do wonder about the comment. Possibly they meant MDT(Mobile Data Terminal)/Laptop in the trucks?

dollar

Premium Subscriber
I think you are probably correct about the laptops but will await clarification

alanlungs2

We have laptops in the trucks. I was just repeating what our e-mail from dispatch said.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Volusia is currently an EDACS user, going to P25 some time "soon". Primary system vendor is Harris, provided via Communications International.

Have you heard any testing on the P25 side yet? Curious about how much overlap coverage there will be down into the northern part of Brevard

james32746

Premium Subscriber
The signal barely makes it inside my house, which is 4 miles south of the tower site and the tower is not that tall either (only 150 ft., probably why Seminole County did not use it for its P25 system in lieu of a new 350 ft. tower a couple of miles to the west, I think it is meant for that site to enhance coverage along I-4 near the Seminole/Volusia border or to interface with Seminole County's system which will happen eventually as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.