Forgive me father for I have sinned with a TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me father for I have sinned - I went to the darkside and purchased a TR* because it promised me a better life with future NXDN / MotoTRBO with no fees. And I had to touch Ez-Scan software.(yuck)

After working with that unit I could see how tempermental it was and the scanning was not any better. And I know the build quality is not the same.

Oh I am sorry and truly repent.
For it is the Sentinel Software and Upman that supports us. I am ashamed of trying the other side.

But now I am back with an HP-2 on the way and possibly a BCD536HP in my near future.

wtp

my child

first shall be last and last shall be first.
you must start with one 8 channel crystal set and then work up to a 16 channel programmable in a week.
then come back and we will talk more about this.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Say 5 hail Marys and make a good act of contrition for those poor souls that own a TRX-1 and don't know what there doing......lol

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
You had TRX with a consenting juvenile scanner? Oh my!

"Deinde, ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, + et Spiritus Sancti"

Fr. Bill+

D

darunimal

So sorry to hear you have "a lack of an open mind", but my son, I will not fish for you every day, while I will excuse your ignorances, I cannot excuse, your: shall we say "the opposite of ignorant." Despite the stupid statement "old dogs can't learn new tricks," which is far overrated "old dogs can learn new tricks," albeit in your cases whether a mental block, or willingness to accept differences. A second try at a different brand will allow you to see "simple" differences, teaching you to accept them, and finally: redemption from the errors of being, "stuck in your ways."

An open mind like a windows open blinds, always has more sunshine.

You have now been chided enough:)
;)

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
first shall be last and last shall be first.

you must start with one 8 channel crystal set and then work up to a 16 channel programmable in a week.

then come back and we will talk more about this.

Now that's funny! My first Bearcat was a BC-100. Remember those? I think it was a 16 channel programmable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marksmith

The BC-100 was a modern cutting edge amazing high tech device compared to what I started with. It actually synthesized the frequencies instead of having to go out and buy crystals and plug them in.

Still have the BC-100 laying around somewhere. Run across a crystal now and again also.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

SCPD

QRT
Come on "forgive me father for I have sinned" is the stupidest thing I have ever seen on these boards. I don't know if your trying to be funny or not. Drop the religion and just tell us why you don't like the scanner. If you hate the scanner fine just mention it without the I have sinned line that sure makes your credibility look bad. Now other posters are starting up with their religious sayings. Other people appreciate honest and professional reviews of equipment especially owners of new equipment.

Mods should lock this thread before it spirals out of control.

iamretired911

So will this mean it will for sale in the near future?

Forgive me father for I have sinned - I went to the darkside and purchased a TR* because it promised me a better life with future NXDN / MotoTRBO with no fees. And I had to touch Ez-Scan software.(yuck)

After working with that unit I could see how tempermental it was and the scanning was not any better. And I know the build quality is not the same.

Oh I am sorry and truly repent.
For it is the Sentinel Software and Upman that supports us. I am ashamed of trying the other side.

But now I am back with an HP-2 on the way and possibly a BCD536HP in my near future.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
WTP - Thanks now that was funny.

jwilson2013 - Sorry you did not find funny...
Remember this forum is:

The Uniden Tavern - For general chit-chat and non-technical discussion specific to Uniden and does not fall within the above forum topics. This is not the forum to get technical advice from.

For those wanting the technical:
TRX-2
Bad: Hiss noise in background of a lot of communications / constant adjustment of the squelch for various systems. Unit felt cheap. Really did not like the Ez-Scan software - seemed thrown together. Good: Liked the detachable face. Liked the built in No fees for MotoTRBO and upcoming NXDN upgrades.

Sorry for the religion just trying to be funny.
As far as my past - first scanner - RCA Portable VFH/UFH switchable crystal scanner. And my first BIG scanner Radio Shack PRO-2004. Mostly went Radio Shack until the trunking really matured and then that is where I became a Uniden fan. Have tried others - GRE / Radio Shack / now Whistler but keep coming back to Uniden.

And yes well all praise UPMAN as he is our hero.

Ok to close this thread - but remember this is in a NON-TECHNICAL chit chat forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.