U.S. Park Ranger San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Saw a new U.S. Park Ranger explorer interceptor this week down by the Missions. Are they on the Provoice system like the majority of Law Enforcement in the county or are they in the Federal band somewhere.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
That is for the State. I'm talking about the Federal United States Park Rangers that cover the Missions.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Happen to know the unit numbers? I didn't think city contracted dispatch services out, just dispatched for their own and Park Police. I know county does for multiple agencies.

SCPD

QRT
NPS will use a federal channel and channels in the fed range on vhf and may also utilize local systems if a agreement is in place for dispatching and running inqueries to platrs. Some will stick to the local county or system the park is in for traffic stops and mutual aid etc and also use the vhf for localized park operations. Some will call out on both vhf and a local system for traffic stops or law related duties others stick to local systems but use NPS vhfs for basic operations. All NPS units across the US have a zone with federal vhf and a NPS LAW channel however this channel is strapped. Last bunch of new vehicles I seen had the vhf radios going to be sent to a few park regions with extra console slots for local radio equipment once they got to the destinations. The zones in the federal vhf mobiles all had the common federal zone channels.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
"All NPS units across the US have a zone with federal vhf and a NPS LAW channel"

That is not true. In my area the NPS rangers are on a UHF trunked system. They have no vhf radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.