AHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0GXN

Anybody know what AHP District covers Benton County?

All I can find on the net is a AHTD district map which has 9 districts, but there are only 6 AHP districts, so obviously theirs is different.

Thanks!

AC0RV

Feed Provider
It,s in the western district and troop L covers Benton county.
then town of Benton,Ar is in the county of Saline and it's
In the western region and Troop G covers it.

Hope this is helpful.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Hope this is helpful.

Troop L is an ASP Troop. He asked about AHP, which goes by districts - completely different (AHP is under AHTD).

KE0GXN

Hope this is helpful.

03msc is correct. I am good on ASP Troops. AHP stands for Arkansas Highway Police. They are separate from the SP.

Thanks for the help anyway. :)

kibler

Feed Provider
Oh! OK........I keep trying, once upon a time I had the District map???? Thanks

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
According to their website, it's District 9.
Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department

Those are the AHTD districts for highway dept offices. As he mentioned in his original post, there are 6 districts for the Highway Police districts.

To clarify:

Arkansas Highway Police is a division of the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department and monitors commercial traffic (but can stop general traffic, too). The districts are different than what the AHTD uses. The AHTD has 9 districts. AHP has 6 (as I understand it).

The Arkansas State Police has a patrol division that is divided up into Troops that patrols Arkansas highways (general traffic but can stop commercial, too). They also have a CID division that is divided up into Companies and covers different areas than the Troops. There are also some other divisions of ASP but let's not get into those.

This comes up every now and then and seems to always cause confusion - I've seen people argue over and over that this isn't the case but it is. They are completely separate with their own talkgroups on the AWIN radio system, their own dispatchers, offices, etc.

I've searched before, fairly extensively, and not found a map showing AHP Districts. Plenty for ASP Troops, and sometimes mistakenly named online, but I haven't found a true AHP map. If someone has one then hopefully it'll get posted sometime.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion but it may not as, quite frankly, it is pretty confusing in and of itself to try and explain it...

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
In addition, their patrol units are even (very) different. State Police (Trooper) with the blue stripe, Highway Police with the silver bar (and most in Tahoes these days).

Attachments

• state_police.jpg
    state_police.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 148
  • AR_Highway_Police_West_Memphis_AR_2012-06-23_011.jpg
    AR_Highway_Police_West_Memphis_AR_2012-06-23_011.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 140

briarbend

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE Hope this clears up some of the confusion but it may not as, quite frankly, it is pretty confusing in and of itself to try and explain it...[/QUOTE]

It is pretty confusing for sure...

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if you have contacted the AHP direct with your question? It's not like its a big scary secret!!!

wbswetnam

Given the above information (look at the little table in the lower right-hand side), AHP District 3 covers Benton County all the way south to Polk County, and as far east as Baxter County. I think that dispatching is done through Little Rock, though.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
If you listen to AHP on the AWIN system, their radio numbers will be something like, for example, 271. I have always taken the first digit to mean their district. 271 is one of the officers that covers Independence County and would match what the table shows on that map (AHTD District 5 in AHP District 2).

And to think it was here on RR all along...? I admit I didn't even look there; I guess I assumed the OP and others had...which, I know, it is dangerous to assume anything anywhere anytime.

KE0GXN

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Another option would be to program all of them and then see which ones you get hits on - assuming no "out of district" officer is affiliated with your local tower(s) you should only hear the traffic for your area. Then you could go back into your programming and remove the one(s) you weren't hearing.

But I think you will be safe by following that map linked to in the wiki. I had no idea it was there or I would have linked to it earlier myself...

N5TWB

OK, we've danced around the fact that these two agencies have different radio systems, numbering systems, geographical designations/coverages, etc. However, the unasked question, at least to me, is two-fold: why do these two different agencies exist and what are the differences between their missions?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
OK, we've danced around the fact that these two agencies have different radio systems, numbering systems, geographical designations/coverages, etc. However, the unasked question, at least to me, is two-fold: why do these two different agencies exist and what are the differences between their missions?

ASP: General traffic enforcement (regular vehicles)
AHP: Commercial traffic enforcement (18-wheelers and other such "truck traffic")

Status
Not open for further replies.