In need of oconee county input frequencies for fire & rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

12vdc1965

Hey guys....... Hope you can help me......I reside in oconee county SC......I am in need of two input frequencies.... first - 154.130 & second - 151.130......they are used for fire & rescue and need to program them in my portable..... for my area - you list the sheriff channel input but not fire nor rescue.....could you please help me with this along with the updated PL tones?.....also FYI- oconee county sheriff along with seneca police have since gone digital....oconee sheriff's dispatch call the frequency "31"...... Don't know the frequency yet but have been trying to obtain it for months now with no luck. But if you can advise further on my questions I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks. & keep up the great work......Mike....12vdc1965.

canichols

I cant help you with the input to the fire or rescue repeater if you need them your supervisor should be able to get them for you. As for the digital yes Seneca PD had gone nextedge and Westminster is mototrbo but last i heard the SO was still analog that was just this morning.

canichols

I stand corrected the SO has gone Digital Mototrbo 460.6125 is what I'm using with SDR# and DSD+ must have changed in just the last few days because i heard them this morning on the regular dispatch channel. I guess its time to get the TRX-1

12vdc1965

What you might have heard in the morning was the one cop in West Union which I hear on channel 1. Per the seargant with the OSD he will remain on CH 1 for now. For the last month alpha & bravo shift have been using digital. The charly shift went two weeks ago & delta shift went last week. Now 32 is operative until further notice. It basically used by deputies working out of the magistrate office. The only complaint deputies have is the radio's can't scan to monitor all frequencies designated for the OSD.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I verified Oconee Co SD on 460.6125 DMR today. TG 1000, Color Code 1, Slot 1. Didn't hear any other talkgroups in the short time I monitored.

canichols

They are also on 460.0875 its same traffic as on 46.6125 with the same setting DMRdecode dose not decode any CAP+ or CON+ data

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm using the public release also. It definitely decodes Cap+ and Con+, but you have to know how to recognize the different "flavors" of systems. In my short time monitoring 460.6125 I can tell you it was a "conventional" DMR repeater and not a Cap+ or Con+.

Cap+ will have one frequency that transmits a beacon signal every 1 second or so. This the rest channel. Con+ will have a continuous control channel on one frequency.

canichols

I did some more monitoring tonight and found they are also on 460.300 the old Walhalla PD channel and 460.250 the old regional Law channel It might be a IP site connect system all traffic is the some on all frequencies

supernix

I verified Oconee Co SD on 460.6125 DMR today. TG 1000, Color Code 1, Slot 1. Didn't hear any other talkgroups in the short time I monitored.

I am confused since I don't see that frequency listed for Oconee County Sheriff.

How do you program that into your DMR radio? I have the MD-380.
I tried adding the information you mentioned and haven't heard anything.

Attachments

• Image_001_08-13-2016-1471084612.jpg
    Image_001_08-13-2016-1471084612.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 536

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I haven't updated the database with that infromation yet.

You have to enter the TX frequency differently than the RX frequency. Otherwise the MD380 won't decode.

supernix

I haven't updated the database with that infromation yet.

You have to enter the TX frequency differently than the RX frequency. Otherwise the MD380 won't decode.

Ah okay, so as long as the TX is a different frequency then it will work?
I want to make 100% sure I don't have it enabled to transmit at all since it is for listening only. Thanks for your information.

supernix

They are also on 460.0875 its same traffic as on 46.6125 with the same setting DMRdecode dose not decode any CAP+ or CON+ data

Do you happen to know why they would be broadcasting on both the frequencies the same content?

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
Do you happen to know why they would be broadcasting on both the frequencies the same content?
Appears to be a multisite simulcast system to reach all parts of the county:
460.0875 in eastern part of county (Seneca, Walhalla).
460.6125 in western part (Oakway, Westminster).
Probably using 2 or more different frequencies to avoid multipath reception issues.

12vdc1965

When the ocsd went digital I came across this site and I'm glad I did. The audio on the ocsd is terrible. Best way to say it is sounds like they swallowed their mic's. Dispatcher's also. So this site saved me about $700.

Status
Not open for further replies.