New 536 owner in St. Tammany Parish - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

Anyone in the western side of St. Tammany Parish that can give me some pointers on using the Uniden 536 scanner?

I may be good with Motorola radios, but the use of this scanner is in a world of it's own.

Jim

rebel500

Premium Subscriber
You will have to get the Pro Voice upgrade if you want to monitor the local stuff. I recently moved here and will attempt to download that soon.

rebel500

Premium Subscriber
I was not able to get the 536HP to hear any St Tammany talkgroups. A friend downloaded the information in a 996XT and I can receive the talkgroups now.

Does anyone know where there is a list of ID's for that system and what they are for?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No TGs for the new ST Tamm LWIN have been submitted as of yet.

pinkfish457

St. Tammany Talkgroups

No TGs for the new ST Tamm LWIN have been submitted as of yet.

I can run Unitrunker as long as necessary in order to receive the active St. Tammany LWIN talk groups. I live In Slidell. Let me know how you want me to setup Unitrunker and what files you need. I'll be glad to help.

pinkfish457

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Any is you can confirm user. Encrypted if you can confirm via uid. Then just encrypted and we will match ranges as best we can

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Only submit tg you confirm user. Unless they are all encrypted.

Technoguy58

Encrypted talkgroups

Are you saying that you do want all the encrypted talk groups? I'll send them to you using standard submission form. There are a bunch of encrypted talk groups and unidentified non-encrypted talk groups if you want them. Been working on trying to identify them. As I figure them out, I'll submit them.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ty. The encrypted we can maybe id by the ranges and uid

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
If you have them. We can match them with tg etc

Technoguy58

Identified talk groups

I have been working on trying to ID any non encrypted talk groups that I can. Takes time. I have submitted several talk groups already. Almost all of Law Enforcement in the parish is encrypted. I have heard Pearl River PD in the clear. Also have also ID'd a marine unit but do not know if it is S.O., Slidell PD, or ???. My understanding is that most F.D. dist's will eventually have access to LWIN as finances allow. I have heard some LWIN activity by some fire ( such as Goodbee Dist 13. They check in on LWIN during daily radio check but don't use LWIN in regular use yet). Anyway, sooner or later, I'm sure most Districts will be on LWIN. Any thing I can ID I'll submit.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Hey gang, if you can or will. Please send me a copy of the UIDs that you have (and have comfirmed ID'd) to me in a excell spreadsheet.

You can send them to me at fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

I have family in the Bogalusa (Washington Parish), Area.

I Hopefully I will down in November for my brother's wedding. I will try to record some of the broadcast I recieve.) I more than glad to share what I get with all.

Big Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.