Okmulgee Mototrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone programmed the Okmulgee Mototrbo system in Sentinal yet? Have you figured out the LCN's for all the frequencies? It's a pretty big system with lots of different users on the same freqs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W5KVV

I guess not. Once the trbo stuff gets smoothed out and it's easier to monitor I'd like to pick it up. Henryetta and Okmulgee use to be a couple of my favorites, along with the Light Horsemen. They came in full quite at my place in McAlester.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I guess there is software out there that figures out talkgroups and so forth. Monitoring the frequency will give you color codes and slots. I haven't had any luck trying to figure out the LCN's of a local system where I'm at, so that's not working either. I'm not even sure what freqs make up all of the Mototrbo system. It's not helping that this system is apparently not licensed!

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure Okmulgee county is all non-trunked and several DMR conventional channels. I haven't seen any indication of a rest channel or CC from any of the frequencies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
So how are you programming Henryetta or Morris? Programming as DMR does not allow you to put in a slot as putting it in as a Mototrbo would. The only way you can differentiate the two is to be able to program the TG, in which case you have to know the LCN's for that system.

So I guess for now, all you can do is look at what the slot is to know who's talking if you can't figure it out by what they're saying.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Using Uniden's Sentinal (not sure about Whistler) I just made DMR one Frequency systems for it. That doesn't need slots or LCNs and can add TG names for the frequency.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
So then I would put in 151.475 as Morris Police and Fire Dispatch since they share the same CC and there no other way to differentiate the two dispatches when programming as a OneFreq system.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I guess what I'm getting at is, if Okmulgee County is a Mototrbo system and Sentinal is able to accept Mototrbo, then why can't we make it work like it's supposed to!

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I would like for someone who lives near there to actually program it as a Mototrbo system and find out if it works like it's supposed to. I have 2 systems near me that are Mototrbo and are NOT working correctly. I am able to pick them up if I program as individual frequencies and channels. I'm speaking of Newcastle in McClain Co and El Reno in Canadian Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I have it programmed as DMR one frequency and it works good. I pass through there all the time for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plaws

Premium Subscriber
DMR One Freq does not accept talkgroups.

Sure it does. It's the only reason to use that mode instead of Conventional (for a DMR channel). Conventional lets you see CC and Slot. Put those in a One Freq Trunk and then you can use talkgroups to separate comms.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Sure it does. It's the only reason to use that mode instead of Conventional (for a DMR channel). Conventional lets you see CC and Slot. Put those in a One Freq Trunk and then you can use talkgroups to separate comms.

Are you talking about the P25 One Frequency Trunk as opposed to the DMR One Frequency?

badge923

Premium Subscriber
Mototrbo

So can anyone tell my how to use Sentinel to program and listen to Mototrbo systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.