• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola QC II problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenA2013

Feed Provider
We have to use a three digit tone code to page our departments on back up.

Using Quick Call II Cap Code Translation, We determined 2001 = 601, and 1503 = 503.

For example....

Using the MIP5000 console, we page out a department using a QC II tone of 2001, which makes tone A equal 1122.5 and tone B equal 1153.4. When we use our back up system to page this department, we use a tone code of 601, which makes tone A equal 1122.5 and tone B equal 1153.4.

Using the MIP5000 console, we page out another department using a QC II tone of 1503. Using the translator here: Quick Call II Cap Code Translation, we determined tone A to be 553.9 and tone B to be 651.9. When we page this department on back up, we use a tone code of 503. However, this is not the correct tone. The department's pagers do not activate, and there is a noticeable difference between the tones.

Is the MIP5000 console showing us the wrong QC II tone, or our we translating the 1503 code wrong?

N1GTL

Database Admin
The documentation I have for QCII tones for 1503 match 553.9 and 651.9 as you mention.

Someone here posted a video of an app that generated tones (and came under fire for it). Is there an app for an iphone or android that can decode the tones for you? I have a MIP console staged at my work now that is almost ready to be installed. Unfortunately, the gateways and consolettes are already in place at the customers location so I cannot offer too much assistance in terms of trying it it out and maybe decoding on a service monitor.

N1GTL

Database Admin
This particular customer is not using paging.

jmfirefighter

I think it was asked earlier but what paging encoder is being used at the backup site. Some have different programming and could even be a custom table.

Fortunately for him Motorola products are pretty standard in their encoding schemes since the Centracom console days. In fact, I recently had an issue where the cap code in our old Centracom Gold console for one of our departments was actually incorrect in our new MCC7500 console. No idea why it would code differently in the Centracom vs. MCC, but I was able to use the Hz values and the MCC7500 paging tables, along with the Centracom Gold manual with the tone tables, to find the correct cap code.

I got a real chuckle out of using a 20 year old manual to work with a brand new system.

jmfirefighter

WISCO International PE-1000A Desk-Top Paging Encoder, Two-Tone.

I have no clue what the tones should be. I just know that they are wrong on the back up encoder.

Does anyone at the department know, or their radio vendor? Someone has to know what the Hz values are since someone HAD to program the pagers or devices that you're activating.......

The other thing you could do is try and post or PM an audio recording of the correct tones. Someone could feed the audio over the air through a service monitor and determine the correct values.

jmfirefighter

I looked up the manual for your backup encoder. I ran 503 through the chart they had in it, and came up with the same 553.9/651.9. It was based off a few assumptions however. If you knew the "code plan" that is being used it would be helpful and probably yield different results.

http://www.com-spec.com/insheet/pe1kmn.pdf

Like I said, it may be easier to just find out what tone values are in that department's pagers, either through them or their vendor, and then encode the cap code or getting us audio of the tones we can decode.

Status
Not open for further replies.