Tone Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't Rabun county tone out Clayton fire?

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

I have the tone-out information for adjoining Macon County, NC fire and EMS stations if you are interested.

Mike
Metrofire31
Franklin, NC

fire901

Greetings

Yes Please send me those Do you by Chance have anything on Habersham County Ga? Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving

N8IAA

Greetings

Yes Please send me those Do you by Chance have anything on Habersham County Ga? Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving

You do realize that Habersham county is on a Con+ DMR trunk system?
Being digital, it doesn't tone out like an analog system.
Larry

N8IAA

Yes I am aware I am just playing around with my scanner is all

I understand. Digital systems, whether P-25 or DMR, don't use the same type of tone outs. Have you read the wiki here on RR about the tone outs. Pretty informative:)
Larry

ButchGone

Well, the fire departments in NW Georgia use VHF frequencies for tone outs that are simulcast with their priority or main talkgroups on P25 trunking. If the firefighters in the county your interested in wear voice pagers, then there's an analog frequency being used for tone out. Some departments also rebroadcast voice traffic from their digital priority/main groups.
BG..

Premium Subscriber
You do realize that Habersham county is on a Con+ DMR trunk system?
Being digital, it doesn't tone out like an analog system.
Larry

Habersham, White, Banks and Jackson while on a DMR system ALL use a VHF analog channel to page out Fire/EMS using standard Motorola quick call 2 tones. What your hearing in the DMR system is a simulcast of the analog broadcast... in the case of Habersham it's getting butchered in the simulcast making the tones sound weird.

Program in the VHF high frequency and you can decode tones with no issues at all.

N8IAA

Habersham, White, Banks and Jackson while on a DMR system ALL use a VHF analog channel to page out Fire/EMS using standard Motorola quick call 2 tones. What your hearing in the DMR system is a simulcast of the analog broadcast... in the case of Habersham it's getting butchered in the simulcast making the tones sound weird.

Program in the VHF high frequency and you can decode tones with no issues at all.

Thank you. It totally skipped over the top of my brain. Forgot about the VHF analog stuff. Stopped using that with the DMR scanner. I have heard the odd sound when Jackson pages on their DMR system.
Larry

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
N8IAA and 1268 are both right - I monitor Habersham on VHF (155.310) and their tone-outs sound odd once it gets over to the DMR system. Sounds like a sick duck.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.