DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Please reply in 300 words or less. Then, compare and contrast your answer.

Will an update for my BCT15X to enable PROVOICE be available, If no, Explain..

JEOPARDY format please, answer in the form of a question....

garys

Premium Subscriber
What is, BCT15X is analog only and has no hardware to support any digital format?

Will an update for my BCT15X to enable PROVOICE be available, If no, Explain..

JEOPARDY format please, answer in the form of a question....

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Will the bcd996p2 ever support DMR? If not, why not ?

From here...http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/upman.html...

When is Uniden going to (fill in the blank)? Why hasn't Uniden made a scanner that (fill in the blank)? and so on

This is one of the most-asked questions that is almost never answered, so I'll answer it here.
...Release a new scanner

...Release an update for my scanner

...Add a capability to my scanner

When we are ready to announce a new scanner, update, capability, etc., we'll announce it to everyone, and it won't be due to someone asking either in a forum or a private message. it will be because we are ready to announce a new scanner, update, capability, etc. We don't announce right now, right this minute for a few reasons:

We aren't ready to announce it, yet.
We don't want to give our competition a heads-up that we have a new model (update, capability, etc) with particular features coming out...the longer we wait, the longer we maintain our competitive advantage with new features.
In the development process, as features are tested and refined, sometimes features are added, and sometimes features are dropped. Early announcements create a risk of "false claims" criticisms once the product is released.
There are some legal restrictions on promoting products that do not yet have certain approvals. Waiting until those approvals have been granted (or are just a day or two away) reduces greatly the complexity involved in making any such announcement.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're disqualified because you didn't phrase it in the form of a question! :D

From here...http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/upman.html...

When is Uniden going to (fill in the blank)? Why hasn't Uniden made a scanner that (fill in the blank)? and so on

This is one of the most-asked questions that is almost never answered, so I'll answer it here.
...Release a new scanner

...Release an update for my scanner

...Add a capability to my scanner

When we are ready to announce a new scanner, update, capability, etc., we'll announce it to everyone, and it won't be due to someone asking either in a forum or a private message. it will be because we are ready to announce a new scanner, update, capability, etc. We don't announce right now, right this minute for a few reasons:

We aren't ready to announce it, yet.
We don't want to give our competition a heads-up that we have a new model (update, capability, etc) with particular features coming out...the longer we wait, the longer we maintain our competitive advantage with new features.
In the development process, as features are tested and refined, sometimes features are added, and sometimes features are dropped. Early announcements create a risk of "false claims" criticisms once the product is released.
There are some legal restrictions on promoting products that do not yet have certain approvals. Waiting until those approvals have been granted (or are just a day or two away) reduces greatly the complexity involved in making any such announcement.

kmi8dy

sounds like uniden learned something after the big debockle over the 536 and 436 after they were released for sale. or it could be a standard cya excuse to the loyal customers. you know and i know and the whole scanner family knows that uniden lied their asses off to try and save themselves, and to hell with the customers !

D

darunimal

Would the benefit of 382 customers paying $60 towards a seperate series $50,000 licensing fee be good business move on Unidens part.

D

darunimal

Is there already a Uniden scanner that supports DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.