Franklin PD on NEXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg_nashville

I just noticed Franklin PD on a NEXDN96 system while monitoring 463.925. That frequency is licensed to Communication Group Inc (WPGH743).

evan

Database Admin
Yes, they have been simulcasting their dispatch channel on that frequency for a while now. Not sure what the purpose is. I believe the FD does the same. I'll have to find my notes and get back to you.

evan

Database Admin
462.0625 was simulcasting what I am pretty sure was Franklin FD however the alias actually said "BWPD-3D" I was expecting to hear Brentwood PD based on the alias but it was definitely fire communications and the locations were in Franklin. Haven't listened to it in a while so not sure if it is still active.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Could be an IF image. Franklin system does have analog links to area systems. Suspect that will all go away when the county moves to TACN.

evan

Database Admin
I can't imagine how this could be an image given it is broadcast in NXDN digital format with an alias displayed as "Franklin PD." An image of an analog link should still be analog.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Yep, you are correct. I don't have the url but would be interesting to see if that is a itinerant freq law enforcement is allowed to use. But with encryption and 800 MHz trunking one must ask why they invested in NXDN radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.