• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Buyers Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRJL10-8

I was inquiring about a Harris XG-75 on eBay. I messaged the seller for further details and she said it belonged to her ex boyfriend and when they broke up it was left at her house. Also, she said she knew absolutely nothing about it. When I asked for the serial the number she became rude. For any potential buyers, beware. I have a feeling this radio belongs to a municipality and therefore it is not legally for sale.

kibler

Feed Provider
Thanks for the "Heads UP", got a feeling you could be right? Thanks

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
If she's being honest, she must be a real piece of work for her ex to run off and leave the radio!

N2AL

I was inquiring about a Harris XG-75 on eBay. I messaged the seller for further details and she said it belonged to her ex boyfriend and when they broke up it was left at her house. Also, she said she knew absolutely nothing about it. When I asked for the serial the number she became rude. For any potential buyers, beware. I have a feeling this radio belongs to a municipality and therefore it is not legally for sale.

Would you mind to share the URL so we know what NOT to bid on?

allend

Premium Subscriber

Even though you think you deserve to have the serial number given to you from the seller at EBAY doesn't mean you deserve it and will get it.

Keep in mind that seller are not required to give you that information and it does not mean that the radio belongs to anyone that is stolen.

Its a common practice to not give out serial #'s to potential buyers. I sell a few radios here and there on FLEE-BAY and I black out my serial #'s for my sellers protection. My radios are not HOT and never will be.

If you decide to buy merchandise on EBAY then you buy at your own risk. Always buy the sellers not the item. Always check sellers feedback

Would I buy from this seller probably not. Only 1 feedback recently and its was not good. Doesn't mean anything but just would not purchase any items. Also, keep in mind that you do have buyers protection for I think like 6 months which is crazy

Judging from the other industrial items for sale, I'd tend to agree that there is something fishy going on there. Most people who don't know or claim to not know what they are selling wouldn't put that many specific details about an item...

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You can clearly see the serial # in the pictures, so I'm not sure what the issue is here.... Sure looks like a dudes hand that's holding it though haha

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Even though you think you deserve to have the serial number given to you from the seller at EBAY doesn't mean you deserve it and will get it.
I don't know if it has been added after having been asked, but there is a very clear and easily read photo showing the serial number posted in that listing.
qqSYY.jpg

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
You can clearly see the serial # in the pictures, so I'm not sure what the issue is here.... Sure looks like a dudes hand that's holding it though haha

I was thinking the same thing

Rred

Harris might be willing and able to run the numbers, to show who registered the warranty on the unit. Easy enough to ask.

A friend of mine literally found a Motorola Saber in a snowbank after a blizzard. We knew which agency used them, but they weren't interested. They couldn't admit they lost one, so they had no process set up to "retrieve" one. Then again, sometimes people quit a job and just don't turn in their radios. One never knows.

But Harris might know who the registered owner is.

KRJL10-8

Yes, Harris can run serial numbers and tell you who the radio belongs to. That is the only reason I asked the seller for the serial number but she became defensive and basically said she doesn't know who the radio belongs to but since her ex boyfriend left it when he moved out she feels it is now hers.

Weaksignal

Quite the eclectic offerings from 2012srivas' store. Some items for sale list the location as Oakland, CA.

LouNawlins

Premium Subscriber
Serial # in Photos A40130000811

Serial # in Photos A40130000811

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Quite the eclectic offerings from 2012srivas' store. Some items for sale list the location as Oakland, CA.
I was thinking the same thing. Her ex-boyfriend must have left in a hurry to leave behind brake pads and an engine wiring harness, among the other equally diverse items.

Comp-100

Exactly... in fact very complete images of all tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.