New Middlesex Co. 700 mhz. trs

Status
Not open for further replies.

brueger

Feed Provider
Anyone hear any testing yet?????? I have everything plugged in the scanner, but I'm too far away. I'll be passing through there next week.

Alnesbitt

Programming

I just purchased a Uniden BCD996P2. How will I program this new system. I have their current frequencies already.

New to the 700 MHz world.

W4UVV

996XLT Phase 2 Programming

I just purchased a Uniden BCD996P2. How will I program this new system. I have their current frequencies already.

----------------------------
1. Since you are not familiar with programing a digital scanner I recommend you do not attempt it manually. If you insist doing such you will find it can be a frustrating time consuming ordeal. Go to Marks Scanners website which has helpful info. There are other choices but one way would be to purchase the latest Butel ARCXTPRO version which I believe now also includes P2 support. There is a learning curve. You also can email Butel regarding any questions you might have.

2. I use Butel's ARCXTPRO for programming 996XLTs P1. I did not purchase the ARCXTPRO P2 supporting software because the 996XLT RF input is noticeably less sensitive than the Uniden 536 model which is significantly more RF input sensitive. In other words the 536 scanner is more sensitive to weaker input signals than the 996XLT. One reason for this is Uniden uses a number of internal RF filters to minimize RFI which it does do. However, the trade off is the XLT requires a higher input signal strength level to be processed noise free. I use Butel's ARC536PRO for programming my 536 P1/P2 scanner.

Good luck.

John
W4UVV

Eugene

Middlesex county: 2016 stats (2017 not official). From FBI Uniformed Crime report: 13 Violent crimes, 0 murders, 8 rapes, 1 robberies, 4 assaults, 124 Property crimes, 23 burglaries, 91 Larcenies, 10 GTA, 2 Arsons. Total Population 10, 728, 130 square miles of land. Population density 82 persons per square mile, 2.5% chance of being a victim of a crime, Chance of your house being struck by lightning in 1 year 0.5% (National Lightning Safety Institute). So you have only 5 times more chance of being a victim than having your house struck by lightning. SO encryption........really........really. Sounds like the taxpayers are being the victim of a robbery, by the police.

Eugene KG4AVE

brueger

Feed Provider
Middlesex County

I'm not familiar with your model Uniden, but it should not be all the hard.

Put in the 4 fixed frequencies and then set a Wildcard.

I'm too far away to listen in and I only pass through there once or twice a month. I'll be going through there and I'll see what I can find out with my Pro-668/WS-1088.

Alnesbitt

I see 8 frequencies, Will I only use the ones with the Output power of 100, then pick 1 of the others with the output of 35 for wildcard

brueger

Feed Provider
Middlesex County

I put the 4 freqs that are associated with the "FB2" listing on RR and also put in a Wildcard in my Pro-668/WS-1080. I was in Middlesex Co today for about an hour and had a good steady "T" (Trunking Data" signal. However, I did not hear any transmissions.

I got to my location in Northumberland Co and I lost the "T." I went back on RR and I see "FX1" freqs which equal "control." I'm going to put those in before I go back on Monday. I will stop in a visit my friend who works for the county and see if he has one of the new radios.

Alnesbitt

I put the 4 freqs that are associated with the "FB2" listing on RR and also put in a Wildcard in my Pro-668/WS-1080. I was in Middlesex Co today for about an hour and had a good steady "T" (Trunking Data" signal. However, I did not hear any transmissions.

I got to my location in Northumberland Co and I lost the "T." I went back on RR and I see "FX1" freqs which equal "control." I'm going to put those in before I go back on Monday. I will stop in a visit my friend who works for the county and see if he has one of the new radios.

Can you post a picture of how you programmed it.

I programmed it today also. I think I may have it right. But I’m not sure. I was only picking up signal on the 769.53125000 frequency and I live in the county. Not sure how I would input the control channels.

I’m programmimg with freescan

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

brueger

Feed Provider
Middlesex County

Best I can do is put up a screenshot.

You did not say what kind of radio you had or how you are programming your scanner.

Attachments

• Capture-2.jpg
    Capture-2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 279

brueger

Feed Provider
Middlesex County

I tried to enter those FX1 freqs and found they are not in the bandplan. I did not recognize the range.

Alnesbitt

I have a Uniden BCD996P2 very similar to the BCD996XT.
I am using free scan to program.

Were you able to pick up signal on all 4 frequencies

brueger

Feed Provider
Middlesex County

Sorry, I can't help you with that scanner.

No transmissions, just the strong "T." The system is still in testing. I'll call my contact on my way back through Mon and see if he can key up his radio.

Alnesbitt

Which of these options is the correct one for programming this system. This is a screen shot right from freescan.

Attachments

• FA2E8478-A20B-4AF9-860C-99721A634BE9.jpg
    FA2E8478-A20B-4AF9-860C-99721A634BE9.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 271

digitalman

Middlesex P25 Phase 1/2

I think the system in Middlesex is Harris not Motorola ; Also Essex county new system is UHF going online soon if not already with King and Queen County

Status
Not open for further replies.