Man Climbing Trump Tower Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Anyone know what frequency operations are on for this incident currently happening? I am not hearing anything related on the CW or SOD channels.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone know what frequency operations are on for this incident currently happening? I am not hearing anything related on the CW or SOD channels.
He's already in custody as of a short time ago. 73, n9zas

Analogrules

Yeah, I saw they took him into custody on TV. I got more info from watching it on the television than the scanner. I did hear Secret Service was also involved, so perhaps most comms were on their encrypted channels. The CW frequencies were active regarding a stabbing in another borough and heard nothing else.

gewecke

Banned
Yeah, I saw they took him into custody on TV. I got more info from watching it on the television than the scanner. I did hear Secret Service was also involved, so perhaps most comms were on their encrypted channels. The CW frequencies were active regarding a stabbing in another borough and heard nothing else.
Would have been interesting to see them pluck him off the glass like a flie though! :) I saw a little coverage on CNN. 73, n9zas

RadioTowerMaster

Banned
Since Donald John Trump is under the USSS umbrella NYPD more then likely already had their ATU in place with his assigned NYPD VIP Security Detail & SOD ESU in very close proximity, as for radio comms concerning this human fly & his attention seeking goofball antics the major players were already in place & if anything most comms were more then likely done by el telafono to 1PP, IMO initially something might have gone over the air on the division frequency but the local buffs can confirm or deny that, either way DJT is going to be #45. GOD BLESS the NYPD for they are very good men who do an outstanding job, GOD BLESS Donald John Trump & GOD BLESS AMERICA.

What I'm curious about is was an airbag deployed & if so who set it up? Way back when I believe FDNY was responsible for that even before High Rise/Collapse was around but I've since heard blurbs that NYPD ESU handles that now & isn't High Rise & Collapse separate units? Just curious.

Last edited:

KC2zZe

What I'm curious about is was an airbag deployed & if so who set it up? Way back when I believe FDNY was responsible for that even before High Rise/Collapse was around but I've since heard blurbs that NYPD ESU handles that now & isn't High Rise & Collapse separate units? Just curious.
Air bags (for possible jumpers) are the responsibility of the NYCPD's Emergency Service Unit.

the FDNY's High Rise Units (1 and 2) and the elements of the Collapse Rescue Task Force have always been separate from each other.

RadioTowerMaster

Banned
Fdny beast trucks

Air bags (for possible jumpers) are the responsibility of the NYCPD's Emergency Service Unit.

the FDNY's High Rise Units (1 and 2) and the elements of the Collapse Rescue Task Force have always been separate from each other.

Thanks for the clarification, I went on the Bravest then checked out some YouTube videos to see what the Collapse Trucks looked like, WOW those trucks are HUGE, I see they are called Collapse Rescue with a number designation seemingly from 1 to 5 corresponding with the 5 Boros perhaps?, I see they don't run solo like regular FDNY Rescue, appears they are housed with a ladder & a BC. I could be wrong but that's the way it appears on the videos. Again thanks for the clarification.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
One would think the boy was rather, "throwed-off." I never listened to the feeds, just yawned.

KC2zZe

I see they are called Collapse Rescue with a number designation seemingly from 1 to 5 corresponding with the 5 Boros perhaps?, I see they don't run solo like regular FDNY Rescue, appears they are housed with a ladder & a BC. I could be wrong but that's the way it appears on the videos.
Almost, but not quite. You are correct in that CRUs do not run solo. The numbering corresponds to the associated rescue company that the Collapse Rescue Unit would be co-dispatched with (but not nessasarily housed with, due to the lack of space):

1 - Manhattan from 124 Street south (at Ladder 25)
2 - Brooklyn (at Ladder 132)
3 - Bronx and Manhattan above124 Street (at Rescue 3)
4 - Queens (at Ladder 116)
5 - Staten Island / southwestern Brooklyn (at Rescue 5)

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
"Throwed Off"

"Throwed off"= prison slang for those who are acting bizarre, have a mental illness or are acting crazy for secondary gain reasons.

I believe the climber was a bit unstable, via his methodology for attempting to talk to Trump. Yeah, that was a very effective method of securing said meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.