Scanner Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Freescan won't handle that radio anyway.

I think you'll find that Sentinel is the software of choice- altho ARC536 is another package folks use. You will see a number of questions for both, but it seems that Sentinel is the more popular way to go

There are also a number of small utility programs folks have written to do other functions- you can find them in the software section of....

BCD436HP - The RadioReference Wiki

(links are always blue, by the way)...Mike

Last edited:
Tried the Sentinel & haven't been really impressed. We had ArcButel for the Uniden 396T and will probably be ordering it from Scanner Master this weekend. Is there anyone here that has had success w/Sentinel because we loaded favorites and they aren't playing.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I think Sentinel is difficult and not efficient. With that said I have used the ARC software for several other radios so I am used to it and I understand it.

You have to use sentinel for your firmware updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Tried the Sentinel & haven't been really impressed. We had ArcButel for the Uniden 396T and will probably be ordering it from Scanner Master this weekend. Is there anyone here that has had success w/Sentinel because we loaded favorites and they aren't playing.
This is probably not an issue with the software but a setting on the scanner. There are many different ways to avoid, turn off, disable etc. on this scanner and it can be confusing. Make sure any quick keys are enabled, make sure the FL is set to monitor both in Sentinel and on the scanner under Menu> Set Scan Selection> Select Lists To Monitor, and make sure the service types are turned on.

I find Sentinel to be the easiest I have ever used, once you under the scanner.

Also keep in mind you will still need Sentinel to perform the Firmware Updates.

phask

Premium Subscriber
That's been set. The favorites from the software hasn't transferred to the scanner.

You probably do not have download on in your profile.

FWIW - if you don't understand Sentinel and profiles, you will screw it up with ArcPro. Sentinel is very capable - you still need to use it to use the Uniden database and for firmware updates.

I have but and rarely use Arc for anything serious, it's usually to help someone that's screwed something up.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have used Sentinel from the word go. I tried the Butel software when the Butel DMR release came out did not like it. I use Sentinel or program by hand (all the DMR beta's made me learn to program by hand so it is no problem now but I still like Sentinel.

D

darunimal

does it say
"Failure
No Quick Keys Assigned

Press Any Key"
from Post 18

Try Select List to Monitor under Set Scan Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.