Are Delco Police Sectors Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coman664

Hi everyone,

I'm new to scanning, and recently bought a Baofeng UV82. I have a couple of fire and ems channels programmed already, but I'm wondering if the police channels in Delaware County are encrypted or not.

phillydjdan

I would not advise putting the police channels into your radio because it WILL transmit if you hit the button. Stick with a scanner unless you really know what you're doing and can enter in a non-standard repeater split or something. There's already idiots on the fire channels keying up those pieces of crap and if I ever see them doing it the $30 radio will be in a dozen pieces. DO NOT key that radio up AT ALL.

SCPD

QRT
I agree with phillydan. We have had a moron keying in on repeaters lately with one of those Chinese things. If you use chirp set the duplex to off. This will disable transmit. At all costs ensure transmit is off or do a split with murs or something for the offset.

Transmitting on police, fire and/or government frequencies without authorization is interfering with police, fire, etc. and carries a heavy penalty. Check your transceiver software and disable the transmit function outside of the amateur radio portions to which your license authorizes you to operate on (That includes GMRS, FRS, MURS, etc). . Be sure to check the VFO as well as memory channels for transmit beyond your allocations.

Status
Not open for further replies.