monoc dispatch rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

ok, to you peep's in the know. i heard a rumor from a well respected emergency service's source. said that monoc will be outsourcing their dispatch service's to a contract provider. any idea's ? .

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
They could outsource like Lawrence Twp PD did.... iXP Corporation staffs their communications.

Devilz311

The rumor I heard was that they're going to a contracted agency, but everything will remain the same. In other words, the dispatchers paychecks will just have a different name on it.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
The issue I forsee with this rumor is that you're not just talking about MONOC, but also agencies that they have contracts with that they dispatch for. Not quite as cut and dry as it would seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
As long as they can still provide the contracted services it wouldn't affect the other agencies. I doubt any of their contracts say "services must be provided by employees of MONOC."

Wonder if the communications center staff started talking about unionizing so MONOC started talking about outsourcing.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
As long as they can still provide the contracted services it wouldn't affect the other agencies. I doubt any of their contracts say "services must be provided by employees of MONOC."

Wonder if the communications center staff started talking about unionizing so MONOC started talking about outsourcing.

No, but I know there's all sorts of legal hurdles to outsourcing like that with other contracts in place.

And you know it's entirely possible that's what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
IXP (I believe those letters) will take over MONOC dispatch in about 60 days or so. All of the current dispatchers will have to apply to IXP. All hardware and frequencies will remain.

asnhnetwork

This opening up contracts becoming cancelled. Look for Atlantic and Meridian and Trinitas and Barnabus to either get better deals or walk away from them. It would be easy for Barnabas as they could just move to RWJ now part of Barnabas Health Systems and with the PSIC radios they do not need the infrastructure that was required in the past. Atlantic has units operating on Miccom already so maybe they will bolt. Meridian just merged with Hackensack but I don't think they have the infrastructure to move. Maybe Trinitas will go to Remsc?

ob123

Premium Subscriber
You know what would be a novel idea? If they let the county 911 centers dispatch ALS Resources... Nothing like having to play the telephone game to get an ALS unit in a timely fashion.

Inter-facility transport dispatching, as far as I am concerned, they can pay whoever they want for that. Now I am not saying anything bad against the Monoc Control Dispatchers(because they do seem like competent individuals), but the actual system itself is inefficient.

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

well since i started the thread, i guess i can pose my relevant question. anyone know why some of the hospital's dropped monoc as the bls transport, and went with gems ems ?. i know this is the case with monmouth medical center, and saint barnabas. <burn transport truck too>.

squad1321

You know what would be a novel idea? If they let the county 911 centers dispatch ALS Resources... Nothing like having to play the telephone game to get an ALS unit in a timely fashion.

Inter-facility transport dispatching, as far as I am concerned, they can pay whoever they want for that. Now I am not saying anything bad against the Monoc Control Dispatchers(because they do seem like competent individuals), but the actual system itself is inefficient.

Back in the early days of MONOC, Monmouth County and CMC MedCom dispatched them for their respective areas. I thought with the new Monmouth County Comm Center, they dedicated a certain number of seats for MONOC (for future use)?

scannersnstuff

the way that i see it is, the company wanted control over their dispatch op's, so they took it away from county. regardless of who they get to take over the obligation, they will still have to pay. are they going to pay the county to take over their medevac op's radio position too ?. this should get interesting.

asnhnetwork

Rumors are circling (no pun intended)around the Medevac maybe going bye bye as well in the not too distant future.

asnhnetwork

You outpunned me. I don't really know as I am not in the loop but those that are have made statements to suggest.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Maybe with the Hackensack/Meridian Health merger you'll see MONOC 1 become Hackensack AirMed2.

Status
Not open for further replies.