Palm Beach County Site 002 Boca Raton....

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Some interesting activity on Boca Site 002 on 813A....

Hearing Palm Beach County Sheriff's talkgroups for S1 (Dist 4/6), S2 (Dist 7) and S INQ coming over Boca's site 002 in analog. Also see unit ID's in Unitrunker.

Now I'm hearing Boca PD Ch 2 in both digital (TG 5872) and analog (TG 56080).

And LE CALL is coming over as well...Unitrunker showing "MS" which I'm guessing is multi-select

Are County units now allowed to affilaite on Site 002 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Just checked Site 001 (County Simulcast) and Boynton PD is coming over analog on TG 64176. I think Fire is coming over F/R COMM 2 (RID showing is 2496 for the console and the PD console above is 2495 so I'm guessing its Fire).

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Palm Beach County TRS

I noticed today that Boynton Beach PD is being rebroadcast on site 1 of the Palm Beach County TRS.
And I noticed PBCSO talkgroups on Boca Raton's site.

Just checked Site 001 (County Simulcast) and Boynton PD is coming over analog on TG 64176. I think Fire is coming over F/R COMM 2 (RID showing is 2496 for the console and the PD console above is 2495 so I'm guessing its Fire).

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
F/R COMM 2

I also heard quite a bit of activity on F/R COMM 2 last night between the hours of 1800-0000 while I was up at work. Wasn't paying to much attention as it was busy in the city last night between 911 calls & dispatching. Now that our new radio system has the COMM channels on the consoles at dispatch we hear activity. Can't say anything on the Boca stuff as I'm to far north to pick it up from WPB and I'm currently not monitoring the counties system yet.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
We are doing a lot of temporary moves and patching of systems to make way for the new P25 systems. None of what you hear now, or in the upcoming months, will be permanent nor should it be entered into the database. If it is here today will probably be gone or moved somewhere else in a short period of time.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I figured. Boynton went from 64176 to one of the LE COMM channels today. I didn't think it was coverage issues, at least for the County units.

Are the other cities that have their own sites (Boca, Delray, Boynton) on 813a going to have the same set up on the new system or just one system for all ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave7933

Thanks for the info KS4. When will the new P25 systems go live and will reception still be possible on a 996XT? Will we need to re-program everything?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Dave I asked previously and Mark advised the published date is mid-2017.

I'm going to say yes and no to your 996...it's going to be a Phase II system and the 996 does not decode TDMA. However, there may be some talkgroups that are FDMA initially as I'm sure the cost of new TDMA subscribers may be too much for some departments for flip the switch right away. I'm sure Mark will chime in with what he permissibly can.

I will say that the digital talkgroups coming from Boynton over analog sound really good surprisingly.

I don't believe Palm Beach is going the Smartx converter route either. Should be a new system ID.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The majority of County Public Safety will be TDMA. I am not going to speak for Boca, Boynton, or Delray. They manage their own individual sites that are connected to the Master Site and since 2001 have and will continue to share the same System ID as the County.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I never realized they managed their own sites. Why connect to the county then. ISSI coverage ?

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
No ISSI....they use the County in order not to have to spend millions on their own Master Site(s) and are connected for seamless interoperability, like we have had since 2001. There is no change in the system architecture and how things are laid out between us.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I am wondering if anybody will be going to encryption. Broward County is toying around between Phase-1 and Phase-2 right now, several agencies have mentioned going encrypted & im talking Fire agencies not just LEO, tho that is just speculation at this point. I'm worried about PBC going encrypted, wouldn't surprise me if PBSO does, I understand Law Enforcement going encrypted for obvious reasons. But I hope not. Currently Boynton Fire uses Firecom-2 for dispatching & Firecom-3 for any Tac/Fireground operations. Boca Fire is still normal operation. Boynton did tell me today the switch to Analog is for testing of a new P25 system.

Last edited:

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
So I am seeing the RR Database was just updated today, it appears Boynton Beach Police Department has gone to Full-Time Encryption on their Talkgroups... Can anyone confirm this? I've been on their Talkgroup for a few hours now and not a peep, not even a garbled noise as most encrypted Talkgroups have... I hope this doesn't start a precedent where everyone else in PBC goes encrypted... Thanks!

Richard

Premium Subscriber
It appears that the Boynton Beach PD is being temporarily patched to the County Site using TGRPs 64176, 64208 and probably others. They are not encrypted, merely shifted to the County site.

As KS4VT mentioned in post #5, there is a lot of temp patching going on and these changes are all temporary.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
It appears that the Boynton Beach PD is being temporarily patched to the County Site using TGRPs 64176, 64208 and probably others. They are not encrypted, merely shifted to the County site.

As KS4VT mentioned in post #5, there is a lot of temp patching going on and these changes are all temporary.

I understand completely about the various temporary testing going on, as previously stated. My question was merely directed at the fact that a Database Admin changed the TalkGroup Modes for Boynton PD channels have been changed to Encrypted. So I was wondering where this information was obtained; Either inside info that once the new System switch occurs it will be encrypted OR that since there's been no activity on the channel someone assumed it was encrypted now... It's just worth checking out as to why the Database was updates to reflect encryption... :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.