What is this Radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

methusaleh

Sounds a lot like old pagers, which were all often on 454.450 MHz back in the day. Not exactly, but close. Also reminds me of city water telemetry, usually on 173MHz.

But on FRS? Who knows. I've heard of some dog training collars and whanot on those freqs. Or perhaps Garmin Rino units TXing data to each other.

kmi8dy

maybe.............

sounds like RTTY. also sounds like the " handshake " between two fax machines, but it can't be that because that go's over a hard line. do you live close to a hospital or some kind of medical place. i'm talking within no more than 4 to 6 blocks ? you hear alot of those types of noises over general coverage radio.

Last edited:

lolbananalol2

Premium Subscriber
sounds like RTTY. also sounds like the " handshake " between two fax machines, but it can't be that because that go's over a hard line. do you live close to a hospital or some kind of medical place. i'm talking within no more than 4 to 6 blocks ? you hear alot of those types of noises over general coverage radio.

I am fairly close to a hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
its telemetry

its telemetry, one of our rural water systems uses very similar system. it uses it to send well water data from the well to the plant

Status
Not open for further replies.