Dare Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

I see in the Database page of Dare county their P25 system is Encrypted but the Viper system has Dare County Sheriff and Tacs is the viper side of Dare County is the E as well or just their P25 system is E. Was down there week ago but didn't carry radio due to them being E and didn't know if the viper side was E.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I see in the Database page of Dare county their P25 system is Encrypted but the Viper system has Dare County Sheriff and Tacs is the viper side of Dare County is the E as well or just their P25 system is E. Was down there week ago but didn't carry radio due to them being E and didn't know if the viper side was E.

In past years, some of the talkgroups were patched from Dare County to Viper. When I was down in June, they weren't patched over. My guess if they needed to use Viper for comms then it would be in the clear unless they have reprogrammed new encrypted talkgroups for Viper.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
The only thing I saw that was patched when I was down in July was the Dare MedFlight TG on Dare's P25 to Dare EMS on VIPER

CPerk

So that's why I hear nothing on my 436 on Dare County PD. 😡

That's correct like Aug 15 2015 I was in dare County and week when I came back i notice they switched to encrypted and I said darn now no need take my 436 when I come to obx anymore . I have some recordings on my 436 from last year before the switch over

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the world of screwing the honest man out of a hobby.

Guess they got the idea for encryption from there neighbor Currituck County.

David

CPerk

David
That's is very very true there , and I thought the same thing that they got the idea from them. It's just so odd when I came back week later from dare I saw it encryption and said for real, really. At least I have one recording that was major when I was down there in 2015.

kc4jgc

David

That's is very very true there , and I thought the same thing that they got the idea from them. It's just so odd when I came back week later from dare I saw it encryption and said for real, really. At least I have one recording that was major when I was down there in 2015.

From when the switch happened there was a bit more to that other than just getting the idea from Currituck.

http://forums.radioreference.com/no...rum/320255-dare-county-law-tgs-go-silent.html

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Technically, sheriff dispatch and "Beach Law" still exist and are not encrypted. You can still hear a deputy key up on sheriff dispatch occasionally and NCSHP still uses it to communicate with county deputy's (via the VIPER patch). All that happened was that dispatch moved over to the encrypted TAC talk groups. Whether or not they have new dedicated talk groups now, I have no clue. All of the OPS channels are still in the clear as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.