Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
Anyone have info on this yet?

Screen_Shot_2016_08_13_at_9_00_19_PM.png

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I did double take when I saw the name Westerville!

I graduated from H.S. back in the day when there was only one school and the senior class was 300. A long time ago in a land far far away!

Mike

dstrohm

Westerville Police Fire and Schools have all left their old radio frequencies and gone to a digital system last week. The information on radio reference still lists their old frequencies. How fast does radio get the new information and update their files? Currently I can not locate the information or monitor their radios?

jscott02

Anyone know where the service department and electric division have gone? Are the schools still using the old LTR system?

KD8DVR

Westerville Police Fire and Schools have all left their old radio frequencies and gone to a digital system last week. The information on radio reference still lists their old frequencies. How fast does radio get the new information and update their files? Currently I can not locate the information or monitor their radios?
They are on the MARCS-IP Columbus City system.

AntiSquid disclaimer: All information provided is personal opinion only and may or may not resemble actual fact.

Cloudwraith

Has anyone been able to pick up Westerville PD/FIRE? I have the new TGIDs programmed in my Home Patrol and I have the correct types selected but I'm not getting anything from them on my Home Patrol 1. I can pick up just about everyone else in the area. The Home Patrol database has them listed under Franklin Country (25) Fire/EMS/Hospital and Franklin County (25) Law Enforcement but I saw above someone said they were on Columbus City.

Cloudwraith

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I selected the Westerville PD Dispatch and FD Dispatch as favorites in sentinel and uploaded the latest Homepatrol database but I can't pick them up. I even locked it on Westerville PD Dispatch with nothing happening.

Is anyone else using a Home Patrol 1 able to pick up Westerville?

I can pick up Hilliard, Reynoldsburg, OSP, Sherrif East/West, Columbus 1-5, Columbus State, but not a peep from Westerville.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Those channels are 7K60FXE designated.

MOTOTRBO: 7K60FXE (voice), 7K60FXD (data). (from the RadioRef Wiki)

There are four sites:
125 E WALNUT STREET WESTERVILLE, OH FRANKLIN County 40-07-12.5 N, 082-55-32.3 W
MT. ROYAL AVE. WESTERVILLE, OH DELAWARE County 40-09-15.6 N, 082-54-14.4 W
950 COUNTY LINE ROAD WESTERVILLE, OH DELAWARE County 40-07-59.2 N, 082-53-59.2 W
888 E WALNUT STREET WESTERVILLE, OH FRANKLIN County 40-07-20.5 N, 082-54-00.1 W

KD8DVR

Again, folks. They are on the MARCS-IP Columbus City P25 system. They are NOT Mototrbo. They are on the same system Columbus police and fire are on.

All day. Every day.

AntiSquid disclaimer: All information provided is personal opinion only and may or may not resemble actual fact.

Cloudwraith

Well that's a relief that I don't have to buy another scanner.

Question still remains why I can't pick them up. I don't know how to manually program the Home Patrol so I have to rely on the HP database. Is it possible they are set wrong in the database? In sentinel I can't tell what system they are listed under as they are listed under Franklin County (25) Law Enforcement.

The TGID's appear to be correct in the database.

jscott02

Again, folks. They are on the MARCS-IP Columbus City P25 system. They are NOT Mototrbo. They are on the same system Columbus police and fire are on.

All day. Every day.

I think part of the confusion here is that there are two discussions going on in the same thread. One involving Westerville City Schools, which is the MOTOTRBO system, and the other involving Westerville Police and Fire, which is on MARCS-IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.