Raspberry pi/darkice/wifi issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

brizzotheizzo

So, I am having an issue with darkice continually disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes. I am running a raspberry pi3 with wifi to my router. The setup is as follows

https://imgur.com/zaXEJzB

I also have trouble when ssh'ing to my pi from their terminal from my iMac. It works, but is really slow.

I am suspecting that I might be getting electromagnetic interference from the close proximity of my scanner to my pi. I'm thinking that the emf from the scanner might be affecting my wifi signal from the pi.

Has anyone else had an issue with this?

brizzotheizzo

***solved. So I found out I was getting about 20% packet loss by streaming via Wi-Fi on raspberry pi . I was only two rooms from my wireless router, about 30 feet away. But I do believe that the Wi-Fi on the raspberry pie is terrible at anything over 10 to 15 feet. I ran a CAT 6 internet cable over to my raspberry pi directly from my router. Problem solved, 0% packet loss, 0% drops on darkice.

DC31

Feed Provider
***solved. So I found out I was getting about 20% packet loss by streaming via Wi-Fi on raspberry pi . I was only two rooms from my wireless router, about 30 feet away. But I do believe that the Wi-Fi on the raspberry pie is terrible at anything over 10 to 15 feet. I ran a CAT 6 internet cable over to my raspberry pi directly from my router. Problem solved, 0% packet loss, 0% drops on darkice.

Yes, I too have found the internal wifi on the pi3 to have quite a short range. However, when i plug in this wifi adapter (LB-link BL-LW05-AR5 USB 802.11N 150Mbps Wireless Adapter with 5dBi External https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R7AI4IQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_W2KTxb2R0S4KK) i can connect to my neighbor's wifi and his house is 120 yds away measured with my rangefinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.