aylmer police

Status
Not open for further replies.

hounddog1956

been listening to aylmer ontario police on 142.500 but lately getting alot of static noise , it sounds like they changed to dmr or digital or something, it has gotten so bad i locked it out, anyone know anything about it?, it happens on both analog and digital scanner

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
There is a big difference between static and digital noise... can you make out any voice at all? If not, then it could be digital. I'll try to check next time I'm in the area.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I just took a look at the 2015 Aylmer Police annual report and it mentioned that they planned a full digital upgrade in 2016, so it would seem that this has taken place. Anyone in the area setup with DSD+? I'm not sure if I can pull them in from home or not.

Fyi last I read St Thomas was looking at digital for 2018.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

hounddog1956

Thanks for reply, was wondering if i turn on close capture, should i automatically pick it up when they start talking? I bought at new scanner pp2, wished i would of spent a little extra and got a 536 so i could do dmr, maybe later,

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If they have indeed gone digital, I'd expect that they are likely using MotoTRBO which can be difficult to pickup with Close Call. I would fully expect them to be using encryption as well, but until someone can confirm with DSD+ or a DMR scanner.... Who knows.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

hounddog1956

was just reading an article , on aylmer police going digital, they are dispatched out of owen sound and owen sound police last year changed to Owen Sound Police Service have migrated from their old conventional channel to a new NXDN48 trunking system.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Owen Sound dispatches many different agencies using many different formats. I know Aylmer had some Moto XPR gear in their fleet already so it makes sense they would be using TRBO. Need someone to make a recording!

papa_p

been listening to aylmer ontario police on 142.500 but lately getting alot of static noise , it sounds like they changed to dmr or digital or something, it has gotten so bad i locked it out, anyone know anything about it?, it happens on both analog and digital scanner

Aylmer Police are DMR and not encrypted. BCD436/536HP works for monitoring. Info as follows:

142.500MHz
DMR
Slot 1
Colorcode 7

moonbounce

Didn' t St Thomas PD dispatch for Aylmer at one time on the St Thomas frequency? Today I am picking digital noise on the St Thomas frequency I hope it is not a sign of times for St Thomas PD.

MB

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes, St Thomas dispatched Aylmer before they switched to Owen Sound.

So you are hearing digital on 142.1250? In their 2015 annual report they said they weren't going digital until 2018 I believe.... But things change I suppose!

moonbounce

Yes, DMR, no voice and it doesn' t show encrypted. I am also listening to St Thomas in analog right now, I wonder if maybe they are working on the new system.

moonbounce

Also the DSD+ event log is not showing any info, so I wonder if I am just picking up a strong signal for somewhere.

MB

papa_p

St. Thomas Police

St. Thomas police have went digital and are encrypted.

142.125MHz
DMR
Slot 1
Colorcode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.