My Johnston County EDACS Provoice $50 SDR receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

danko139

Premium Subscriber
What a great time to be in the hobby. I built an SDR to decode the Provoice system in my county (I know it's going away...) and it's working great. It was a bit more involved since the system uses analog and digital, so I added a third SDR (one for Control, one for Digital Voice, one for Analog Voice). I built my own Yagi out of wood and AC wiring pieces, and once I pointed it at the correct tower location, it decodes extremely well.

It isn't pretty, but that's the next step. I'm just excited it works so well.

Attachments

• JoCo3.png
    JoCo3.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 632
  • Joco1.jpg
    Joco1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 534
  • Joco2.jpg
    Joco2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 513

danko139

Premium Subscriber
By the way, a big shout out to the DSD+ and Unitrunker developers, without which this would just be a bunch of USB devices getting hot on my desk...

Comp-100

Good going.

you might want to rethink that rubber band than is putting lateral pressure on that one antenna input.

danko139

Premium Subscriber
Comp-100: Thanks -- I didn't see my rubber band issue until you pointed it out. I was addressing the issue that my cheap USB hub keeps allowing the SDR to fall out. I think eventually I'll build this all into a nice little project box with some airflow. Sorry for the late reply....was away in Lancaster County PA and enjoying listening to their P25 system which sounds really good on the WS1095 digital scanner in the car by the way. Time to get back to work on my Johnston County "scanner".

Status
Not open for further replies.