Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Since Trump will be in Fredericksburg tonight into tomorrow evening, I was seeing if anyone might know what freq's we should be trying to monitor to listen in on for any possible trouble around the expo center/ Fredericksburg area?

Fred-vegas is on scramble and Stafford is encrypted so, I know that leaves the State and Spotsy to try and monitor for things.

Anything else to watch....err....listen too?

Linuxcave

Premium Subscriber
Celebrate command is operating on the stafford system using TG 5701(new to me), sounds like SO is still operating on their encrypted TGs.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
If this little test does not bring a Spotsy P25 switch-over by Labor day, I will be surprised. Excluding the poor performance of the mobile handheld units, it appears basically successful. Probably only a SO switch-over until that new remote site is brought into the system. IMHO.

fredva

Feed Provider
If this little test does not bring a Spotsy P25 switch-over by Labor day, I will be surprised. Excluding the poor performance of the mobile handheld units, it appears basically successful. Probably only a SO switch-over until that new remote site is brought into the system. IMHO.

So you're hearing clear traffic on the new system? I used to hear clear transmissions, but lately whenever I enable the favorites list with the new system on it, I either don't hear anything or it appears to be encrypted. But maybe I don't listen at the right times. My ability to listen during the weekdays is limited.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
So you're hearing clear traffic on the new system? I used to hear clear transmissions, but lately whenever I enable the favorites list with the new system on it, I either don't hear anything or it appears to be encrypted. But maybe I don't listen at the right times. My ability to listen during the weekdays is limited.
Yes, Mike, but it does come and go a lot as if someone flips a switch. The concentration yesterday seemed to be the mobile handheld, which did not work well unless the user is close to their mobile unit to use that built in repeater function. IF the new tower gets operational as suspected soon, the handhelds will literally be able to get into the network like our cells connect without the need for the mobile repeater. Certainly a big improvement and makes you wonder WHY was this not done long ago? I guess the RF network was not capable as clearly being demonstrated with the poor performance yesterday. I monitor both systems when I am around the house almost daily. A true work in process with a qualified captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.