Pro-651: Alpha Tags With Radio IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

drayd48

Does anyone know if there is a way that when I have radio IDs showing to put Alpha Tags with it. EX TG 25005 With Radio ID "970313" to say TG 25005 With Radio ID "Dispatch". Thanks

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Does anyone know if there is a way that when I have radio IDs showing to put Alpha Tags with it. EX TG 25005 With Radio ID "970313" to say TG 25005 With Radio ID "Dispatch". Thanks

Program a Private TGRP object. Make a TGRP with the ID of 970313. Set the Type to 'Private'. Set the Alpha Tag to "Dispatch" and save it. It should now show "Dispatch" if it successfully decodes the Radio ID 970313.

drayd48

Program a Private TGRP object. Make a TGRP with the ID of 970313. Set the Type to 'Private'. Set the Alpha Tag to "Dispatch" and save it. It should now show "Dispatch" if it successfully decodes the Radio ID 970313.

Thanks. I knew that but did not want to do it in Private Mode. I was looking for a way to have a list of them when they popped up in group mode and displayed them, that there could be a Alpha Tag with it. Thanks

Spitfire8520

Thanks. I knew that but did not want to do it in Private Mode. I was looking for a way to have a list of them when they popped up in group mode and displayed them, that there could be a Alpha Tag with it. Thanks

Yes, programming a list of Private IDs will do exactly what you are looking for. For Object Oriented Scanners, a Private ID is equal to a Radio ID and any associated Alpha Tag will be displayed in "Group Mode". It will not go into "Private Mode" if there are no private calls on the system. Note that this only works in Scanning mode, not if you Manually go to the TG.

jaRb40E.png

Swipesy

One of the problems with Radio ID's and the 651 (I have a GRE 500) is the lack of memory. Here in North East Ohio we have 8 major trunked radio systems and over 45 individual communities. In many cases several communities will share a single Talkgroup. The only way to identfy with certainty is to see a radio ID. My database of RID for the share communities has 7,400 RID's. There is no way to program those in the 500 with all the other system TG's and frequencies. I also have a PSR-800 and that can easily accomodate all the RID's. Just something for you to keep an eye on is memory available.

drayd48

Yes, programming a list of Private IDs will do exactly what you are looking for. For Object Oriented Scanners, a Private ID is equal to a Radio ID and any associated Alpha Tag will be displayed in "Group Mode". It will not go into "Private Mode" if there are no private calls on the system. Note that this only works in Scanning mode, not if you Manually go to the TG.

jaRb40E.png

Ok. So let me get this right. If I program the RID's as Private Mode it will show up in group mode when a talkgroup becomes active? Just wanting to confirm

**Edit**
It works. Thanks so much

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

Ok. So let me get this right. If I program the RID's as Private Mode it will show up in group mode when a talkgroup becomes active? Just wanting to confirm

Yes, if you are in scan mode and the scanner properly detects the Radio ID. The image that I shared in my previous reply was taken from a Pro-106 after programing a dispatch console's Radio ID as a Private ID with the alpha tag "→RID ALPHA TAG ←."

As Swipesy noted, there is a real possibility of running out of memory if you want to program every single Radio ID for a system.

drayd48

Yes, if you are in scan mode and the scanner properly detects the Radio ID. The image that I shared in my previous reply was taken from a Pro-106 after programing a dispatch console's Radio ID as a Private ID with the alpha tag "→RID ALPHA TAG ←."

As Swipesy noted, there is a real possibility of running out of memory if you want to program every single Radio ID for a system.

OK. I just got it to work. Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.