LUKE AFB TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone currently monitoring this system, and is anyone doing it with one of the new Unidens?

I've been away for scanning for a while and I'm not getting anything with my new BCD436HP when I used to pick it up with a PRO-668 and a PSR-600. I am also seeing some conflicting information on what system is currently being used, seeing that it may be phase 2 now, etc.

I'm using the data that came from the Uniden database which is supposed to update weekly from RR. Perhaps this radio doesn't like the frequency range and just isn't quite picking it up from my location? I guess I will need to plan a road trip to go out there soon.

Thoughts / suggestions?

KB7MIB

It's a Sunday afternoon, so there may not be many transmissions, but the P25 control channel is currently on 408.9625 at 2:38pm.
I haven't looked at the DB I'm the past week or two, but I think the DB distinguishes between Phase I and Phase II systems in the mode column. It wasn't Phase II two weeks ago, but your 436 should automatically receive Phase II regardless.

I'm using a PSR-500 at 91st and Peoria Aves.

Edit: Looking at the DB, there is no difference in the mode column between Phase I and Phase II TG's. It may be the numerical value range that differentiates between them, but I'm not aware of what that may be. I don't know how to tell the difference. But, as I said, your scanner receives Phase II regardless.

I, however, am out of luck if Luke has indeed gone to Phase II.

John
Peoria

Last edited:

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the confirmation. I finally got it working, it's a quirk with the scanner / software / settings. This scanner for whatever reason is forcing me to use ID Search, and will not allow ID Scan on this system, or the other UHF trunking system I have, APS. All other trunking systems allow either ID Scan or ID Search...truly bizarre. But thanks again.

radioguru6613

Thanks for the confirmation. I finally got it working, it's a quirk with the scanner / software / settings. This scanner for whatever reason is forcing me to use ID Search, and will not allow ID Scan on this system, or the other UHF trunking system I have, APS. All other trunking systems allow either ID Scan or ID Search...truly bizarre. But thanks again.

Make sure you're parked on the system, either use HOLD or just enable that system only. Also if you programmed with Sentinel, go into the system and under options try enabling ID: Search, then once you have it up Hit Function + E and see what happens.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you're parked on the system, either use HOLD or just enable that system only. Also if you programmed with Sentinel, go into the system and under options try enabling ID: Search, then once you have it up Hit Function + E and see what happens.

Thanks for the assistance.

I tried that, and when I hit function and E it says nothing to scan. Nothing is avoided, and there is no logical reason I can see. However, it's actually a blessing in disguise for now, because I drove out near the base and not a single TG that was being used was in the database. I saw TG 5010 in heavy use and don't see it in the database for example.

KB7MIB

There are several TG's in use on the system that have not yet been identified. It seems that only identified TG's, in any trunked system, are included in the DB.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.