DMR in the dB

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
As of this morning, DMR systems and channels are included in the BCDx36HP database. The data pull is from last Friday. I'm doing another pull today that will issue tomorrow that will be more current.

We know that there are many, many systems that still need some work in RRDB, but this pretty much concludes our major development on DMR for these scanners. Now its up to you to submit new/corrected info to this site. :)

eaf1956

Feed Provider
As of this morning, DMR systems and channels are included in the BCDx36HP database. The data pull is from last Friday. I'm doing another pull today that will issue tomorrow that will be more current.

We know that there are many, many systems that still need some work in RRDB, but this pretty much concludes our major development on DMR for these scanners. Now its up to you to submit new/corrected info to this site. :)

Discovery and Analyze sure would come in handy to submit or correct information.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Thanks this will be very handy.

I do have a question some systems have been entered in the DB as conventional. Lets say companyA has a frequency 123.500 they use TG 100 on slot 1 and TG 200 on slot 2. Those may show up in the RRDB separate differentiated by TG. When downloaded to sentinel since it doesn't get the TG in conventional it shows up as a duplicate with no differentiation.

This seems to be how most one frequency DMR have been entered in RRDB?

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I noticed DMR trunked sites which do not have any talkgroups defined do not get downloaded to sentinel. Is this by design?

z31jaime

Buy a 436hp or 536hp and it's the database that gets loaded from radioreference to the scanner using Sentinel

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
That's the way all trunked systems have been handled since day one, so probably yes.

But all freqs are listed so they can be loaded as conventional with color codes. In the case that two departments use the same freq AND color code, I guess you'll just have to listen and figure out who's talking.

BTW, has anyone been able to load a Mototrbo system and have it work properly? I have 2 in my area with no luck and have them loaded as conventional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
That's the way all trunked systems have been handled since day one, so probably yes.

But in the case of DMR I think that is counterproductive. It's those systems without talk groups that many of us could set to "search" and try to identify TGs that might be added to the database. I think all known DMR trunked systems even if currently no identified TGs should be included.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
But in the case of DMR I think that is counterproductive. It's those systems without talk groups that many of us could set to "search" and try to identify TGs that might be added to the database. I think all known DMR trunked systems even if currently no identified TGs should be included.

Search does not show talkgroups, only color codes and slots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Here's the thing, though: The HomePatrol scanner was designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator - or to put it in a nicer way, to inexperienced and "newbie" scanner users. They're supposed to be able to just turn it on and start listening. For that reason, ID Search is not available from within the main database. You wouldn't want Grandma to be confused as to why she's suddenly hearing "Unk TG: 10046" talking about sewer lines instead of her grandson Johnny on his police beat.

Because of the fact that ID Search is unavailable (and thus ID Scan is the only option for trunk systems) in the main DB, having a trunk system which has no talkgroups showing up in the main DB is pointless, because it has no talkgroups to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.