Massachusetts SP made the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I would think it's more likely that they are going to move some frequencies in the existing 700 Mhz "overlay" system in the greater Boston area. The 800 Mhz systems are not included in Band 14.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Band 14 is 758-768MHz. The grants appear to be to move users off that band to make room for the new FirstNet system. The licenses I see are for 2 watts for 6000 users and 2 watts for 100 users. That's a lot of reprogramming to do all the portables and mobiles. But still not 1.6 million worth. Perhaps it is for MDTs and they have to replace them.
WQFN732
WQFN733

chris

garys

Premium Subscriber
I thought, but I'm not 100% sure, that the MSP mobile computers used cellular data cards for connectivity, not a proprietary system.

I know that when Boston upgraded their CAD system, the mobile computers were connected via the cell network, not the 800.000 Mhz channels that were used with the old system.

The single channel system couldn't move data nearly fast enough for the data demands.

Band 14 is 758-768MHz. The grants appear to be to move users off that band to make room for the new FirstNet system. The licenses I see are for 2 watts for 6000 users and 2 watts for 100 users. That's a lot of reprogramming to do all the portables and mobiles. But still not 1.6 million worth. Perhaps it is for MDTs and they have to replace them.
WQFN732
WQFN733

chris

ecps92

Especially with images being sent on 99% of the transactions. :D

Yes, most are on Air-cards thru the wireless carriers

It's been awhile but those 4-6 single channel data channels in the 800, got rolled into the TRS and (might) swapped with some locals.

I thought, but I'm not 100% sure, that the MSP mobile computers used cellular data cards for connectivity, not a proprietary system.

I know that when Boston upgraded their CAD system, the mobile computers were connected via the cell network, not the 800.000 Mhz channels that were used with the old system.

The single channel system couldn't move data nearly fast enough for the data demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.