Status
Not open for further replies.

trauma74

I have not monitored 45.88mhz in a very long time, do the Counties still use this frequency for inter-County communications? I know that the NYS Fire vehicles used to have this channel in their radios and many Chief's vehicles also had it.

medic190

Some Counties are still using it, but many are moving away from low band and I know of a couple that have completely stopped monitoring.

DHSES staff (OEM, OIEC, OFPC) have it in their vehicles and still use it, although we have other division channels (and 45.56 for OFPC) available as well...

badge2043

Upstate NY uses it frequently. Many countyies are still contacting each other on it.

D

DaveNF2G

I have heard Washington and Saratoga counties talking to each other on it.

MB

Feed Provider
Franklin, Clinton, Essex, Washington, Warren and the National Weather Service in Burlington are still using it in north east NY.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
When I dispatched up at the 9-1-1 center in Onondaga Co. I made a point to use it rather than pick up the phone. Guess it's the radio in me. Mostly to talk to Oswego & Cayuga Counties. On our radio consoles there was a box for transmitting on it. You could toggle between 45.880 & 155.295 which is Rural/Metro Channel #3. Of course that was as of 2009.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
What about the police version of 45.880. 155.370!?!? Is that still used. I know up in Onondaga County we had it on our consoles but I don't ever remember using it. More inclined to pick up the phone. Maybe because the transmissions were more sensitive in nature.

jaymatt1978

Just a funny story about 45.88. My OEM Coordinator used to say it was his favorite frequency because it didn't have a lot of traffic on there!! However when it did come alive you can be sure there was something huge happening!

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
I monitor it 24/7 on a dedicated radio and base antenna.

It is still used by Broome, Tioga, Chenango, Otsego, Deleware, Maidson and Cortland counties.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess and Orange still use this frequency regularly.

Ulster too, Ulster, and Dutchess use it pretty regularly when EMS units from Ulster are transporting to hospitals to Dutchess.

rbm

I have not monitored 45.88mhz in a very long time, do the Counties still use this frequency for inter-County communications? I know that the NYS Fire vehicles used to have this channel in their radios and many Chief's vehicles also had it.

Still used quite a bit around Broome, Chenango, and other nearby counties.

Rich

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
The State has recently re-branded 45.88 or Inter-county to LFIRE4D from the NiFOG and added a PL for those agencies in Southern NY who are receiving interference from CT.

http://www.dhses.ny.gov/oiec/plans-policies-guidelines/documents/LFIRE4D-4588-Guideline.pdf

It's not just the Southern Counties that get the traffic from CT. They can be heard all the way up to the Canadian Boarder!!! Obviously it is worse being closer, but it is a pain. Many counties within the Adirondack Park are going to PL sooner rather than later because of it.

Comspec333

It's not just the Southern Counties that get the traffic from CT. They can be heard all the way up to the Canadian Boarder!!! Obviously it is worse being closer, but it is a pain. Many counties within the Adirondack Park are going to PL sooner rather than later because of it.

Agencies in the Hudson Valley went to PL shortly after the State guideline came out.

AuntEnvy

I'm not sure if they're using a pl here in CNY but they are still using the channel, county-county, for mutual aide requests.

I've never heard anything other than that for years as far as
'interference" is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.