CMPD Animal Control TG ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPittman

While listening to CMPD Animal Control TG's (1779 - Dispatch; 1781 - Conference) I am hearing regular police dispatch calls for service other than animal control related. Is this correct? It seems that this is a regular police channel. I know that Animal Control is under CMPD, however, the calls that I am hearing on theses channels seem like normal dispatch traffic that you would hear on the other CMPD Division channels. Just wondered if this channel was properly labeled or do the animal control units respond to police calls for service as well?

kg4pbd

While listening to CMPD Animal Control TG's (1779 - Dispatch; 1781 - Conference) I am hearing regular police dispatch calls for service other than animal control related. Is this correct? It seems that this is a regular police channel. I know that Animal Control is under CMPD, however, the calls that I am hearing on theses channels seem like normal dispatch traffic that you would hear on the other CMPD Division channels. Just wondered if this channel was properly labeled or do the animal control units respond to police calls for service as well?

Animal control is normally patched with Steele Creek Division.

TPittman

When you say patched with Steele Creek does that mean the activity I am hearing on TG 1779 and 1781 is Steele Creek police call traffic? It's confusing to see it labeled as Animal Control on Home Patrol 2 and RR but the traffic is not really animal control dispatch calls but regular police dispatch calls when Steele Creek has their own TG ids for their division.

trumpetman

Database Admin
When animal control is patched to Steele Creek division, anyone who keys up on one channel comes across both. Makes it easier on dispatchers to cover multiple divisions. Depending on which TG is selected up first to establish the patch, that is what your scanner will display. It's yet another quirk that scanners don't handle as well as commercial radios, you just have to know how to work around it. Just plan on keeping both talkgroups in your favorites list so you don't miss anything. Bear in mind though that only the dispatch channels are patched, the conference channels are always divided so you don't need to put the AC conference channel in unless you absolutely want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.