CAP+ reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
When listening to a particular freq, I receive the digital garble and DMR and CAP along with color code and slot are displayed. I'm getting a strong signal. Why is it not "deciphering" the signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
When listening to a particular freq, I receive the digital garble and DMR and CAP along with color code and slot are displayed. I'm getting a strong signal. Why is it not "deciphering" the signal?

Weak signal, unable to decode if you don't see ENC.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
So is it my understanding that if I have a frequency programmed that is part of a Cap+ system, I should still be able to hear intelligible traffic on if. I am currently trying to figure out a system used by the school system I live in do its a strong signal. Should I or should I not be able to here it even though I don't have it as part of a Mototrbo system in the radio yet because I'm still trying to figure out what type of system it is! Right now I have what I believe are the 3 frequencies in use in this system and I'm using the LCN Finder function. So far, after 10 minutes, it has found 1/3 LCN's! Woohoo! I'm leaving it on this to try to figure out the rest. BTW, ENC has never shown on the screen so it's not encrypted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Mine for Scrambled or Encrypted traffic has never shown ENC on the screen but I know it's encrypted, sounds very similar to 800 Motorola encryption on my unidens , just a few seconds of scrambled noise then silence

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Sooooo....should I not still be able to hear voice on these channels? Just because it's a CAP+ system shouldn't keep me from hearing something, right?

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
The transmitting antenna is about 3 miles from me so there's no problem with signal strength. For now, even though it's a Cap System, I have, what I believe, the 3 frequencies that are part of the system. When I do a LCN search, it only finds one. Case being, though, shouldn't I still be able to hear something? It just sits there with the S1 blinking away, 4 bars on the signal strength, and silence from the radio. Nothing! DMR shows with an occasional CAP flashing.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you have this system programmed as convential and not MotoTrbo. As far as the LCN's go, just put in the known frequencies lowest to highest, label each LCN 1,2,3 and start there. If you get this programmed correctly, and you're missing conversations, switch around the LCN's. With only 3, it should be easy to figure out.

With the DMR flashing, you might have to program it as a one channel DMR if this doesn't work. ID Search must be on in both programming options, the system must be set to on and I think that's all you need, the System Quick key must be on to scan in ID search.

Might also want to download Firmware 1.11.18 that's available if you know how to upload via a BIN file. If not, just wait...there's a difference with CAP+ receiving between versions I noticed.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to see what frequency that it assigned the one LCN I was able to capture? It says it captured one but I dont know which freq!

SCPD

QRT
It sounds like you have this system programmed as convential and not MotoTrbo. As far as the LCN's go, just put in the known frequencies lowest to highest, label each LCN 1,2,3 and start there. If you get this programmed correctly, and you're missing conversations, switch around the LCN's. With only 3, it should be easy to figure out.

With the DMR flashing, you might have to program it as a one channel DMR if this doesn't work. ID Search must be on in both programming options, the system must be set to on and I think that's all you need, the System Quick key must be on to scan in ID search.

Might also want to download Firmware 1.11.18 that's available if you know how to upload via a BIN file. If not, just wait...there's a difference with CAP+ receiving between versions I noticed.

where does one get 1.11.18 as the newest i can find is 1.11.17 from sentinel and it has poor signal reception... rolled back to 1.02.07 but now have no option for dmr... however signal strength has once again improved with 1.02.07 Cant believe a simple firmware update would kill off the signal from full signal with att on and 1 bar with att off no bars with att on with 1.11.17? anyone have any clues? less then 2 miles from the repeaters..

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
where does one get 1.11.18 as the newest i can find is 1.11.17 from sentinel and it has poor signal reception... rolled back to 1.02.07 but now have no option for dmr... however signal strength has once again improved with 1.02.07 Cant believe a simple firmware update would kill off the signal from full signal with att on and 1 bar with att off no bars with att on with 1.11.17? anyone have any clues? less then 2 miles from the repeaters..

LOL...it's my secret....but actually I mistyped. 1.11.17 is the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.