Kingston area scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm gonna be in Kingston for the Labour Day weekend, and aside from putting stuff in the scanner from the Canadian side.

What systems may I be able to hear from the US? and what county is it in NY State that is directly across from Kingston?

I see now that it's Jefferson County, is that area fairly easy to listen to from Kingston?

Last edited:

DaveH

How about stuff on the Ontario side i.e. in Kingston...looks like not much had been updated recently. What's happening with the EDACS system, etc.

Dave

Jammin_Jay

I was down there this past weekend,
Jefferson county sherif 154.755
Jefferson county fire runs low band , but has a strong uhf repeater link on 400 MHz band .
155.505 troop D , ny state police,
Watertown p,d. Will also come in. They are p25, decent signal
You can listen to this anywhere in Kingston
Also scan the coast guard channels, marine band, there is decent activity sometimes.
Kingston Police are encrypted

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Good to know, thanks.

Gonna be going on one of the 1000 Island cruises as well, I've contemplated taking the portable 396T along for the ride also. I've got 3.5 hrs to spare :)

I was down there this past weekend,
Jefferson county sherif 154.755
Jefferson county fire runs low band , but has a strong uhf repeater link on 400 MHz band .
155.505 troop D , ny state police,
Watertown p,d. Will also come in. They are p25, decent signal
You can listen to this anywhere in Kingston
Also scan the coast guard channels, marine band, there is decent activity sometimes.
Kingston Police are encrypted

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
County Sheriff has a PL of 110.9.

I've even monitored it from Toronto!

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Well, I was definitely able to hear the Sheriff with no problem. As well as Cape Vincent. There were a few others too Lifeflight one of them. This I was able to hear just with my 396t in the north end of the city by the 401 inside a hotel.

I didn't get much scanning time in other then at night as I was basically playing tourist and was on tour most of my days.

Oddly enough, not once did I hear Kingston FD. Guess they weren't busy on the weekend or something. Another odd thing was, I barely seen a cop car, especially downtown, only time I seen one, was for traffic control from Queens move in day, and maybe an accident or two, but that was about it. Guess crime in that city is at a nice low as it seemed all the cars were parked at the station on Division St. most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.