MetroNorth buying 262 new VHF radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcomm

NY State announced today MTA Metro North Railroad has issued a Request for Proposals for 262 new radios.

262 ICOM Portable Radios 136-174 MHZ IDAS HH W/GPS. P/N F32613S 55 or equivalent.

Also 262 Substitute Larsen Antennas. P/N SPHL101601C Sub

Plus 262 Rapid chargers.
​
S.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I live right above the IRT on Lenox and 145th st, and 3 blocks from the first and last stop of 148th st Lenox terminal, the radios have been usually quiet the last year, occasional chatter otherwise I'm on the wrong frequencies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I don't know where they got 262 radios, the contract I negotiated with Icom was for 1000 pcs. I do know that the original order that was put in about 3 months ago was for the first 100. We also replace the standard Icom VHF helico for the Larsen which is an option. Our testing has found is it works better especially in the tunnels.

BTW no we are not going digital the radio shop is the only ones and have been for about 7 years. You won't see digital in Rail Traffic for many years. What might happen is some support services MIGHT go, but I doubt it, we have too many HT-1250's out there to go digital

Status
Not open for further replies.