Sentinel software issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was on vacation part of the weekend and this week out of town. I decide to bring my laptop and the 436hp with me. Saturday I turn on laptop and sentinel will not open it says can't open or send error message ( send the error). I rebooted the computer and tried again samething. Than I uninstalled it and rebooted computer and downloaded the software and load it and same problem. I am running win7 pro with 8 gig of ram.

kibler

Feed Provider
bravo14.....Hate to say it, but maybe possible bug on Laptop? Will it let you open task manager?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
bravo14.....Hate to say it, but maybe possible bug on Laptop? Will it let you open task manager?

I'm able to open task manager. I reformatted this laptop about 3 months ago. After I put my stuff back on everything worked even the home patrol and sentinel for the x36.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm able to open task manager. I reformatted this laptop about 3 months ago. After I put my stuff back on everything worked even the home patrol and sentinel for the x36.
Any chance that your antivirus had a brain freeze & decided to delete or quarantine one or more Sentinel files?

The other thing I'd check is DEP. Data Execution Protection. Haven't heard that many instances of it & Sentinel, but there have been a fair number on other software, several on Win500.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Any chance that your antivirus had a brain freeze & decided to delete or quarantine one or more Sentinel files?

The other thing I'd check is DEP. Data Execution Protection. Haven't heard that many instances of it & Sentinel, but there have been a fair number on other software, several on Win500.

Which one do I check? When I open it up came up the first button clicked.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Which one do I check? When I open it up came up the first button clicked.
My pc kicked DEP in on WIn500 a long time ago. I had to select the second one, then add the WIN500 executable file as an exception.

It's worth a try, anyway.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Where do I find the file for the x36hp?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniden\BCDx36HP Sentinel\BCDx36HP_Sentinel.exe"

That link is on the shortcut tab for the program link in either your desktop icon for it, or in the program section of your start menu (right-click on the shortcut & select Properties from the pop-up menu).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

That link is on the shortcut tab for the program link in either your desktop icon for it, or in the program section of your start menu (right-click on the shortcut & select Properties from the pop-up menu).

thanks I'll give that shot.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

gives me this error.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I see what you mean. I tried to add Sentinel as an exception and got the same error, even though I have another program entered as an exception already.

nick223

Feed Provider
I had HP2 sentinel do the same thing to me i had to go in and delete the user config file and the sentinel then opened

Status
Not open for further replies.