American Medical Response ambulance in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

Does AMR operate anywhere in New York? If so what frequencies or radio systems do they use?
Not sure if they were also known as "TransCare" at one time or another which i belive had a 900mhz trunk...

badge2043

AMR

Not sure what freq they are on, however, AMR just started service in Rochester/Monroe County area in the last few months, replace Rural Metro.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I would expect that AMR would initially operate on whatever frequencies Rural-Metro used, especially in areas like Rochester and Syracuse.

For Rochester, take a look at KNBK950 (American Medical Response, Inc.) FCC Callsign Details. It covers all the standard VHF EMS frequencies commonly used in the state, but I would expect another license covering some unique frequencies which I don't see under Monroe County.

Darkstar350

Yeah i have a few freqs in my scanner that i found licensed to AMR for use in NY but i havent heard anything on them

Also i have been noticing a private ambulance co. apparently known as "Senior Care" so im not sure if that is related to AMR or what...

D

DaveNF2G

Buffalo: LaSalle Hospital Ambulance -> Rural/Metro -> AMR?
Cheektowaga: Towns Ambulance -> Rural/Metro -> AMR?
Rochester: National Ambulance -> Rural/Metro -> AMR
Syracuse: Eastern Paramedics -> Rural/Metro -> AMR

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Buffalo: LaSalle Hospital Ambulance -> Rural/Metro -> AMR?
Cheektowaga: Towns Ambulance -> Rural/Metro -> AMR?
Rochester: National Ambulance -> Rural/Metro -> AMR
Syracuse: Eastern Paramedics -> Rural/Metro -> AMR

So for Rural/Metro now AMR have they also taken over Sta. #2 in Cayuga Co. & Sta. #3 in North Chittenango?!?!?
AMR purchased RM in October of 2015 and have operated as one company ever since. What we are seeing now is simply the re-painting of the vehicles with the AMR color scheme and lettering.

This website may help you understand this better: https://www.amr.net/ruralmetro

In short, any place that was serviced by or covered by Rural Metro is now serviced by AMR. There's really no need to ask about any specific location or station.

kmi8dy

was the buyout just in the ny area? do you know for sure its a physical take over or just a clever way of re branding and keeping the same knuckle heads that run the company and or in the rig's making the runs. here in michigan they are all over the place but have not heard or seen any change in vehicle paint schemes or uniform changes. we citizens have many, many. many complaints with rural metro but when counties and cities put out bids they take lowest one no matter what their reputation is. their new paint scheme looks like ( well theirs no other way to put it ) looks like s&%t.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
was the buyout just in the ny area? do you know for sure its a physical take over or just a clever way of re branding and keeping the same knuckle heads that run the company and or in the rig's making the runs. here in michigan they are all over the place but have not heard or seen any change in vehicle paint schemes or uniform changes. we citizens have many, many. many complaints with rural metro but when counties and cities put out bids they take lowest one no matter what their reputation is. their new paint scheme looks like ( well theirs no other way to put it ) looks like s&%t.
I did provide a website address in my previous post which explains the takeover better than I can. But I will repeat myself for clarity:

AMR bought Rural Metro.

I would suspect that they are doing fleet changeovers on regional basis rather than try to do it on a nationwide basis at one time. That detail may be in the website. I did not read the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.