Freescan: Error Message on BC346XTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
When trying to upgrade I get this error message. Can anyone explain this error to me?

Attachments

• FreeScan01.PNG
    FreeScan01.PNG
    34.4 KB · Views: 103

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since I don't know of any firmware upgrades for the 346XTC (at least I didn't see anything on the TWiki site), I'm betting you mean upload, not upgrade.

There's a few causes of this. You have exceeded a memory limit for a group, site or system. A summary of these can be found in the Easier to Read manual for the 346XT (which is basically the same as the 346XTC, the 'C' was for some California based nonsense...)

Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual

The other one is something I've seen a lot - you've done numerous ADDs without wiping the scanner first, and systems have replicated themselves each time you attempted to upload. It's a real good idea to wipe the scanner before doing an ADD, or use a REPLACE function instead.

Another one is that you simply have too many systems to handle. Like most of the other DMA scanners, there are a number of quick keys with very old data in them that take up memory. Combined with doing a lot of ADDs without doing a wipe, this can easily cause the above error.

I would back up your current data (if you haven't done so already), examine what you have and what you are trying to upload, then wipe the scanner and load it fresh.

Mike

marksmith

There is an option (in red at the top) when uploading data to the scanner from Freescan, to erase all the stuff on the scanner as part of the process.

It is a good idea to do this on a pretty regular basis to keep an image of what you have in Freescan into the radio.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.