Atlantic County PD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SY

Is Atlantic County Police Departments, particularly Hamilton Twp. Mays Landing, still using Pro-Voice? About 6 months ago I heard they were planning on changing to an encrypted system. I've been holding off buying a new scanner until I was sure I'd be able to monitor them. Any advice would surely be appreciated.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
They currently are still ProVoice......at some point they will switch to TDMA2.....if they will be ENC is not known to me....

W2SY

Thanks for the reply PM08203. I've owned scanners for over 40 years until Hamilton Twp. and most of Atlantic County PD's went to Pro Voice and could not monitor anymore. So I sold all my scanners. Six months ago I heard Uniden had software allowing you to monitor Pro Voice so I came on the forum to get some info. Some guys heard they would be changing this summer and be encrypted so I'm just trying to find out if this is still the plan before I buy a new scanner. I want to get the BCD536HP as I understand it's the only scanner that's capable of receiving Pro Voice.

acscan

All law enforcement in Atlantic Co should be going encrypted soon on the new P25 system. I wouldn't waste the money on a scanner with Provoice. It won't work for too long here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W2SY

Thanks Guys. Where can you find that kind of information for future reference? I have looked everywhere I could think of .

acscan

If they find money, lol, they are supposed to be switching over to the Atlantic Co radio system and shut their current system down. If they do switch, then I would think they would go encrypted too.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
I see Ocean City PD has a TG on the new P25 system but no "Ocean City" Site or Frequencies. I'd imagine they would be added at some point?

acscan

I haven't heard anything about Ocean City switching over to a P25 system. They have their own EDACS that they decided to connect into the Atlantic County system, so that's why theirs is not being upgraded with Atlantic County. And Atlantic County probably made space on their system in case Ocean City does switch over.

Status
Not open for further replies.