Regency Aircraft Monitoradio/Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
A good friend of mine just gave me one of these he found in a garage sale. No wires and I was hoping to try to power it up and see if it works. Anyone know what pins are + /- ? The unit is a 8 channel with the red lights.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks! Yes exactly the same model you have shown. I opened it up and found the crystals. If it does power on I'll have to search around for some crystals. None of the freqs on this crystal set are common in my area.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Regency scanner

Good luck on the crystals. I have a couple of radios that use crystals, and new ones are very expensive. If you find used ones, make sure they will work with your radio. Different scanner brands used different if frequencies, and the crystals are not interchangeable. If you order new ones, the manufacturer will ask for specific information to provide the correct model.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I see a few threads on the subject of crystals. Seems I need 10.7 IF maybe I'll get lucky? To be honest I'd just like the red lights to work and I'd be happy. Will be trying it out tonight after work.

W9NES

737 mech, please check your message box. I sent you information, please contact me on your scanner. I have 2 of them. Thank You sir.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
737mech -

I have two or three boxes of old scanner crystals. Some are 10.7 IF and some are 10.8 IF. Email me at
asheville307 (at) bellsouth (dot) net and tell me what you're looking for. I'll have to dig through them to see what I can find.

John AC4JK

737mech

Premium Subscriber
It works!!

Thanks I will email later today. I did power the scanner up and it works!! All the red lights scroll, and open squelch noise from speaker. I found an adaptor to convert the rear antenna hole to bnc and connected an antenna. Again none of the crystal freqs match anything in this area but I'll let it scan away.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Crystals

No joy finding VHF Airband Crystals, If anyone reads this and has knowledge of a good supplier please post. I'm looking EBay and not much luck there.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I suppose he is but the info on that webpage lists airband freqs I can't use and there is a statement that claims they are not available for special order for other non listed freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.