Maury Co Storm Spotter Dispatch Freq??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxwarn285

Just noticed Maury County FD has a frequency of 453.4625 labeled storm spotter dispatch in the public works category.

Does anybody have more information about, has any traffic been heard on there, if it's actually OEM, do they take skywarn volunteers?

_Wilson_

Premium Subscriber
I'm the one who found that channel , back early in the year there were some really bad storms , and i was searching and both of my radios 536 and bct15 close called on it, and there was chatter about funnel cloud formation and hail , i do not know if they are taking on new spotters . i know the chief of station six , I'll catch up with him and ask .all i can tell you is they only use this in really severe weather , i programmed that channel in all three of my baofeng radios and was out on my place looking for some good firewood for this winter and caught a couple of key ups , and another voice came on and said your on the storm spotter channel .

If i recall correctly i think i did see that channel listed in the FCC database .

My neighbor used to be with fire dispatch out out of station 1 and i programmed it into his radio , and hiecaught some traffic , about bad weather ..

ka4bni

Feed Provider
Just noticed Maury County FD has a frequency of 453.4625 labeled storm spotter dispatch in the public works category.

Does anybody have more information about, has any traffic been heard on there, if it's actually OEM, do they take skywarn volunteers?
453.4625 is a national Interoperability frequency UTAC 41. It's normally programmed with a PL of 156.7 hz. It can be used at a repeater pair or simplex channel.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK will have to fix that as it is mislabeled.. Should be INTEROP not DPW sheesh.

_Wilson_

Premium Subscriber
I filled out the submition form as directed by R R dirrections , is there a problem , with my submition ? I don't recall the submition form requesting info on Public safty Interpol .f g s k .

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Not an issue on your end, though we do request the use of the freq be given etc.... As per our guidelines, Emergency Management type things get labeled as Emergency Ops, Fire as fire,... And so forth.... Storm Spotters are definately not part of public works operations lol.... So whichever admin did the original loading glitched that one.. Its all fixed now...:D

_Wilson_

Premium Subscriber
Thank you . Because i have a few more new channels i have found , had me worried there for a sec cause ii was going to stop submitting . So the channel was taged wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.