pro-2096 digital trunking scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyce123

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro-2096 Radio Shack scanner. I live in Hamilton County, Ohio recently my channel 1 which I received my West, East, and Central parts of town went out... then my channel 4 went out which I received Cincinnati Districts 1-5 went out.... I know I have to install the Win96 software... can I get it through starrsoff.com is that even up to date or I can sign up for it on radioreference.com if I do this will it automatcally install everything in it's right place or would I have to manually do this if I have to manually do this I have never done it before I went out to Green Hills lodge and had someone do this for me he cloned it into my scanner.. so I am a little terrified on how to do this I will need someone to walk me through this by walking me through holding my hand every step of the way... detailed steps in plain English baby steps. I live in Delhi Township area ...... I am need of some help...so which is best I know it is an old scanner .... That starrsoft.com I am not sure it is up to date .

Pro-2096 scanner

the Pro-2096 do NOT trunk the 700 MHZ Frequency's I sold mine many years ago it was a great scanner.
your going to need to up grade to a newer scanner that trunk's 700\800 MHZ trunking Systems.

Hamilton County looks like on the NEW Marc's System is 800 MHZ also for Cincinnati so you maybe safe with the Pro-2096?

Joyce123

Premium Subscriber
how do you do this if I do this do I need to use the arc96.. like before I do not know about programming sorry any help and the help you have given is great... I have to learn some time...

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
MONIX the local Cincinnati/Dayton club meets twice a month, the North Meeting is the 2nd Saturday of the month at the Donatos in Middletown at 6 pm. The South Meeting is the 3rd Saturday of the month at Donatos in Bellevue, Kentucky at 6 pm. We have members at each meeting that offer instructions on programming various radios. If you can make one of those bring your radio, power cable and programming cable and we can show you how to program it and get you all set up. Complete info at monix.

Joyce123

Premium Subscriber
is there a meeting tomorrow night does it cost anything to join I really would like to know how to program my scanner I am very unskilled at the scanner....

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Yes, tonight (Saturday). Costs nothing! Although Donatos would appreciate your patronage since we are using their party room, but it's not a have to. You may want to arrive about 20 minutes early for a good spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.