Easley SC "active" Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

I just moved to Easley, SC and I am looking for the "active" frequencies from someone who has been in the area for a while. I was not sure if the info in the radio reference database was up to date or not. I did program a few , but i am not getting too much traffic. I am really interested in Fire dispatch and any well used fire ops channels. as for police and EMS i would be fine with just the main dispatch frequencies for them. Also if there are any other frequencies that may be active like railroad or any other area rescue companies. i am just using my trusty handheld scanner with a high gain rubber duckie antenna, so just really interested in the city of easley for now.

Thanks in advance!

rescuecomm

The database is pretty much correct. But here are the pertinent channels.

155.1750 EMS dispatch Pickens County
155.1150 Rescue dispatch Pickens County
151.4150 Rural Fire department dispatch Pickens County
154.1450 Easley FD dispatch
460.2125 Easley PD dispatch
460.4500 Pickens County Sheriff's office dispatch

The Radioreference wiki has a write up of Pickens County communications that is fairly up to date.

Bob

Thank you for your response. One other question, is there a normal ch 2/fireground/fire ops for Easley FD? I see some other frequencies for other departments, and being a former firefighter myself i know that some towns overlap when it comes to fire ops frequencies . I see 153.485 is also listed as an Easley FD frequency, but i do not hear much traffic on that.

Another Question, On the police side, 460.2125, its listed as dispatch, but i don't ever hear anything being dispatched, sounds like all they do is ask dispatch to run plates on that channel. was not sure if there was a different frequency for them as well.

thank you very much!

mattbrissey

Easley area

I think rural Fire dispatch is actually 151.3400 that consist of pumpkintown, crosswell, dacusville, holly springs, and vineyards. I believe easley does have a ch. 2 as it is programmed in our radios. On my radio rescue 8 has been operating on pcems admin channel. All fd does a tone test at 9:00 am every day so you can see what you have that works. I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.