Question - First Call Cab Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapaq2

Group,

I am looking for call sign and/or frequency information on a cab company called "First Call Cab Company" out of Oak Lawn, Illinois, can anyone help?

Thank you,
Doug

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Group,

I am looking for call sign and/or frequency information on a cab company called "First Call Cab Company" out of Oak Lawn, Illinois, can anyone help?

Thank you,
Doug
. Did you look it up here in the RR database? 73, n9zas

gewecke

Banned
I looked, and there's No license under that name. You need to see if they're on a trunked repeater system? Are they Vhf or Uhf? Sorry, can't help without more info. 73, n9zas

dapaq2

I know absolutely nothing about this "First Call Cab Company" radio system or licensing. I have searched both the FCC and Radio Reference database as best as I could and I am unable to come up with any information and is why I am now asking for Radio Reference members help on this one.

Doug

gewecke

Banned
I know absolutely nothing about this "First Call Cab Company" radio system or licensing. I have searched both the FCC and Radio Reference database as best as I could and I am unable to come up with any information and is why I am now asking for Radio Reference members help on this one.

Doug
Well ... what type of antennas did you see? 6" quarter wave? Coil in the middle maybe? Cell antenna? It could be a private repeater under another name. Maybe the owners name would show a license for them? 73, n9zas

SCPD

QRT
It's possible they will use a radio communication shop or contractor to license it all. The shop will have licenses on various frequencies and assign it's users those in its name rather there name. I would look at radio communication shop names in your area then do a fcc search under all them snd scan whatever you find until it pops up. Sucks but works. You could also find out who the manager is or owner and check under those names in the fcc some will use those.

After looking they started out In 2013. The claim use the latest technology in dispatch systems to the mini vans they use. So I'm leaning toward smaller business they are using a radio shop and under one of that shops many licenses. If not its possible they are using the cell type ptt devices with the app push to talk. Have you seen exactly what handhelds they use? This would really narrow it down to band sort of seeing or knowing what they have in the console. For giggles you could call them and ask or call for a ride to a mall and see what they use.

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

Doug, it appears your next move should be to go OnSite and search in Signal Stalker/Close Call Mode.
So just stroll over to First Call Cab Co LLC 5530 W 110th St, Oak Lawn, IL 60453 P# (708) 499-3333
Also consider that First Call Cab Co. was just very recently established in early 2013 in Oak Lawn, IL.
Their info says provides 24 hour premium taxi service for all southern, western and near north suburbs.
Hmm, being a newly establed company, watch then be using newer digital tech and not analog, etc.
OK, 1st thing I would do when I got OnSite is lQQk carefully at the Taxi Vehicles for any 2-way radio
antenna's and if so approx how many inches they are and do these vertical whips have load coils,etc?
Second thing is I'm scoping out their office for a rooftop antenna, it's type and if a yagi, the direction
it points as that may help give away if this cab co uses a 3rd party 2-way radio provider for comms.
A typical San Antonio Taxi used to be mainly conventional frequencies of 451~453/463~465 Mhz FM.
We used to have 8 Taxi Co in easily scanned in Analog, today just 2 still analog, the others migrated.

OK Agent Doug ... Chop Chop, go burn some of your time and gas and scout out your own answers !
Once OnSite if their Bldg and Vehicles are clean and antenna free, they may be using a customized
mobile app and or a PTT (Push To Talk) cell phone based GPS location dispatching comm application.
Hey if tranditional ID'ing methods fail, hire First Call Cab for a short ride (hopefully reasonable fair) and
keep your scanner and earphone hidden and discreet. Also simply try just asking the taxi driver and or
even call them directly and just try striking up a social engineering conversation to gleen information ;)

SCPD

QRT
From what I have dug into it appears the pictures of the vans they use have no antennas visible. I know all of smaller cab companies are using either mdt data or ptt cell type devices in cities i been into. I would go on site and see what is being used heck close as it gets go for a ride and observe see what they have in hand or is a mdt used etc. When someone uses the terms latest in digital it is either a digital 2 way or lte type ptt device.

gewecke

Banned
As others have said, they may be using alternate dispatch methods. I have two cab companies in my area, one uses Uhf simplex & the other dispatches themselves by taking calls via Cell phone. 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.